Community Health Choice
Chief Human Resources Officer - 154208
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
Childrens Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
Improving Members' experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers.
The Chief Human Resources & Administrative Officer provides executive leadership to the Human Resources, Learning and Development, and Facility Management/Office Services functions. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, this position plays a key role in the development and execution of strategy and operations that enable the organization's Mission and demonstrate its Values. The Human Resources/Learning & Development responsibilities involve facilitating the development and execution of human resource strategy to drive the organizational culture, overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. The Facilities Management and services supports the engagement and performance of the team by ensuring a safe and functional physical work environment.
- Bachelor's in Human Resources or other business related area. Masters' in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred. Advanced HR certification (i.e. SHRM-CP, SPHR) required.
- Minimum 10 years progressive HR management experience, preferably in the healthcare and/or non-profit sector. Specific work experience with health insurance managed care is a plus.
- Five years in HR and/or healthcare administrative related positions.
- Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract), Bilingual Skills Required? Not required but Spanish preferred. Writing /Composing, Correspondence /Reports
- Demonstrated abilities in collaboration and relationship management, oral and written communications, presentation and facilitation, prioritization and project management, leading organizational change, budget management. Professional experience that has enabled the development of business acumen and a solid knowledge of the employer company and the industry and competitive environment in which it operates.
Community employees benefits are provided by Harris Health. These benefits are designed to provide you with flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs.
Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.