Town of Marana
Chief Water Quality Operator / Supervisor
UPDATED Hiring Range 12.8.21
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Chief Water Quality Operator/Supervisor to work in the Water Department. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity to manage staff, programs, functions and services of the water quality operations and maintenance.
Hiring Range: $55,627 - $69,534
- Provides leadership and development to assigned staff; establishes goals and objectives; participates in the recruitment process, evaluates work performance, ensures policy and procedure compliance, and monitors employee relations matters.
- Manages day-to-day operations and maintenance related to water quality; coordinates staff schedules and projects; manages inventory and verifies the effective use of resources and quality of work; manages customer service inquiries, complaints and public outreach. Manages and maintains Backflow program, Manages current water quality and backflow software development.
- Maintains and inspects for safety and quality standards; Manages day to day operations and maintenance of water treatment campuses; Coordinates Water quality activities captured in asset management program, ensures compliance with laws, training, regulations, policies and safety standards; assists in developing, improving, and implementing water production and distribution standards.
- Assists in the development of budget and project priorities; assists in the preparation of bid specifications for projects, equipment, and budget; oversees project management.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency plus six months of college level courses or training
- Three or more years of experience in Water Quality compliance, sampling, and reporting
- Over one year of supervisory experience or must complete the Town of Marana's supervisory academy within one year of hire date
- ADEQ Grade 3 Water Distribution Operator Certification(or ability to obtain within one year of hire date)
- ADEQ Grade 2 Water Treatment Operator(or ability to obtain within one year of hire date)
- Backflow certification (or ability to obtain within one year of hire date)
- Valid Arizona Driver License
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, 50 pound lift test and respirator exam
- Ability to pass both the Town of Marana background check and a motor vehicle records check
- Water treatment experience
- Backflow certification
- Knowledge of drinking water regulations (ADEQ)
- Completion of two years college level courses in chemistry, biology, or a related field
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews. A first review date of applications will be conducted on December 2, 2021.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resources Staff Contact
Nikki Hemphill / 520-382-1925 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical issues with the NEOGOV site, please contact Customer Support at 1-855-524-5627.
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.