Praxair Logistics, LLC-Transportation
Class A or B CDL Route Driver Driver
Praxair Distribution, Inc., a Linde Company, has an immediate opening for a dependable Truck Driver (CDL A or B) to join our team located in Farmers Branch, TX.
Truck Driver Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, vision and more)
- Retirement benefits
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick, PTO)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Career growth opportunities
- Work/life balance (allows you to be home nights and weekends)
Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas cylinders and medical liquid cylinders to deliver to customers on scheduled route. Customers may include patient’s homes, physicians, labs, vets, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
- Follows all Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety requirements.
- Work in accordance with all DOT and Linde standards and policies including but not limited to Speed Management, Seat Belts, Cones and Hours of Service.
- Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas cylinders and medical liquid vessels for delivery to customers on a scheduled route. Customers may include medical patients in their homes, physicians’ offices, laboratories, veterinarians, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
- Record each delivery and pick up on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers to comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Safely loads and unloads cylinders on vehicle using hand truck or forklift and record cylinder type and quantity
- Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance and maintain vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer service.
- Listen to and resolve service inquiries and complaints/issues.
- Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, document deficiencies and ensure all safety items are in good working order.
- Communicate with customers, providing information on ordering, delivery times, and maintaining proper cylinder levels.
- Gain comfort level for communicating with, and going in and out of the homes of, medical patients.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by environment or job task.
- Train or educate customers on safety, use and hazards associated with the use of medical gas equipment. As appropriate, assess customer understanding of same.
- Assess safe use, appropriate care and storage of medical gases in medical patient’s home environment.
- Report unsafe use or situations to supervisory staff.
- Document observations, education, and communication in the patient record.
- Maintain load manifests, FDA lot numbers and all other vehicle documents. Ensures manifests are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Follow all safety rules and report any accidents or injuries promptly to management.
- Safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
- Assist with inventory and general housekeeping.
- Maintain DOT hours log.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or 10 years' experience within current CDL class
- 3 years driving experience - CDL Class A or Class B with current HazMat endorsement
- 3 years clean commercial and personal driving record
- Clear understanding of map reading
- Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service
- Basic computer skills
- Home care/health care background is a plus
- Dangerous Goods Card is a plus
Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases, and high-performance surface coatings. Our products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, primary metals and many others. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.praxair.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.