Linde Gas & Equipment, Inc - Transportation
Ann Arbor, MI, United States
Class A or B CDL Truck Driver - $7,500 Sign-On Bonus!
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking a dependable Truck Driver (CDL A or B) to join our team located Ann Arbor, MI.
We are looking to hire a dedicated and focused local truck driver to deliver goods on behalf of our company. The local truck driver’s responsibilities include arranging goods inside the company truck based on the order of delivery, performing general maintenance on the company truck, answering customers' questions, and notifying management of customer complaints. You should also be able to adjust local travel routes in instances of traffic congestion, road maintenance, and accidents.
To be successful as a local truck driver, you should demonstrate punctuality and ensure that all local deliveries are completed in a timely manner. Ultimately, an outstanding local truck driver should be able to effectively communicate with customers, dispatch, and warehouse staff as well as adhere to road safety regulations at all times.
- Safely transporting goods to and from specified locations according to company delivery schedules.
- Maintaining an accurate logbook of driving activities, detailing the number of hours worked, deliveries completed, and rest periods.
- Liaising with dispatch to communicate any traffic issues and delays.
- Properly secure goods to ensure that they are not damaged in transit.
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of goods, using hand trucks and electric lifts as required.
- Obtaining signatures from customers upon completion of each delivery to confirm receipt of goods.
- Notifying management of any accidents, parking tickets, vehicle damage, and major maintenance issues.
- Ensuring that the company truck is clean and well-maintained at all times.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Class A or B commercial driver's license (CDL).
- Current Hazmat on CDL or ability to obtain Hazmat within 60 days of hire
- 2 years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Linde's
- A clean driving record.
- Sound knowledge of road safety regulations.
- The ability to utilize GPS and local road maps.
- The ability to operate hand trucks and electric lifts.
- Effective communication skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at www.lindeus.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.