Client Specified Technical Specialist
At Allied Universal, we continue to build an inclusive, Be Phenomenal culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse workplace. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities in which we serve. Allied Universal offers so much more than just a job. We offer careers. We take great pride in our promote-from-within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Client Specified Technology Specialist. All job functions are conducted under the guidance of client Manufacturing Operations Security, Fire & Safety, as well as, client Corporate Fire Protection Engineering. The following is a guideline on the standard job functions performed by the AUS Project Manager within North America Manufacturing sites at Ford Motor Company. The job functions listed below are common occurrences, but not limited to special requests or considered to be all inclusive. All job functions are conducted under the guidance of Ford American Manufacturing Operations Security, Fire & Safety, as well as. The candidate in this job position will focus primarily on Security and Emergency Response activities and must have a deep knowledge of security equipment, technology and processes used within Ford and available in the market. Candidate needs to be extremely flexible with schedules and have the ability to travel frequently (passport), sometimes on very short notice. This position will work closely with, and in conjunction with the AUS / NAMO Project Manager Fire position, supporting each other in their rolls. This Position supports all Manufacturing Sites located in U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Manage Security Inspections and Patrols through the use of InspectnTrack.
- Training on the use of InspectnTrack
- Training on proper inspections as per Ford specifications
- On-going follow up and support, including insuring inspections are completed on time by the plants
- Development of SPL, Instructional Documents
- Inspection frequency reviews/updates
- Manage CCTV system operations, including working with plants on camera tours and operations.
- Assist and participate with ERT training, scheduling, and class audits.
- Must maintain Emergency Response Training for Level 2/ERT, and be able to support plants in the event of an emergency response.
- Security Support.
- Periodic SSOG Reviews
- Manage and remind sites regarding impairments
- Monitor status and conditions of Access Control Systems and equipment
- Work with sites on Key control and re-keying program
- Insurance Tours
- AON/GAO pre-audit site visits/tours.
- Support facilities with large/extensive construction projects (may be on short notice and/or holidays)
- Demo and/or Re-tooling
- New Construction
- Paint Booth prep/fire stand-by
- Assist with large or complicated impairments
- Assist with maintenance, readiness of equipment and support response involving:
- Fire Pump Trailer
- CCTV Camera Trailer
- Mobil Command Post
- Key Control
- Site Underground Status
- Fire Alarm Status
- Access Control System Status
- Hot Work Process
- High Hazard area reviews and determination
- Fire/Safety and Security signage standardization and compliance
- ALERT Trailer/Storage
- Locate and reassign equipment based on facility needs (cost save)
- Special Event coverage (i.e. Presidential visits, etc.)
- Incident Investigation (i.e. system impairments, losses, threats)
- CPR Trainer
- PPE and Emergency Response Equipment Audits (i.e. SCBA Bottle upgrades)
- Process Improvement. Research and implement processes or tools to better improve operations with-in the organization.
- Tools and Equipment used by Security Officers
- New Technology (such as Drone usage)
- Patrol / Tour efficiency and quality
- Inspection efficiency and quality
- Officer qualifications and training improvements
- Assist NAPMs with facility reviews, support and improvements
- Co-ordinate with RSSMs and Site Safety Engineers to mitigate existing issues.
- Inspection process improvement
- Cost saving initiatives including:
- Staffing and Manning needs
- Time Studies
- Elimination of inspection redundancies
- Evaluate equipment layout and needs
- Co-ordinate with other Organizations and Vendors to review/improve various projects.
- Emergency Response Solutions International
- Underwood Fire Equipment
- Fire Safety Displays
- Simplex Grinnell
- Healey Fire Protection
- Ford Land
Primary Competencies or Non-Negotiables:
- All employees conduct themselves in an honest, ethical, professional manner.
- All employees are properly screened and licensed.
- All employees meet training standards and requirements.
- All employee relations are managed appropriately.
- All employees are paid accurately and on time.
- All clients are billed accurately and on time.
- All contracts are managed according to company and client requirements. Contract compliance is everybodys responsibility.
- Assume ownership for our companys success.
- Promote and embody our culture, values and beliefs with passion.
- Take ownership of issues, seek solutions.
- Take responsibility, do the right thing.
- Project energy and enthusiasm.
- You are part of a team and have a responsibility to everyone on it.
FIELD (ie Accounting, IT, Marketing, Sales)
LIST REQUIRED CERTIFICATION(S) If applicable
Associates Degree or equivalent experience
Manufacturing fire and security protection systems and compliance.
BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
Frequent travel is required to Mexico, Canada and throughout the United States. Travel may occur with short notice due to emergencies. Normal expected travel is once or twice monthly, as needed, to various client facilities. Travel duration can vary from day trips to week long deployments. Annual travel to Fire protection conferences is required.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to people and businesses within our local communities, and is North Americas leading security services provider. Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.