Mountain Park Health Center
Clinic RN-Internal Medicine-Baseline
The role the Clinic RN is to work collaboratively with providers and the care team to provide safe, efficient and effective care to empaneled patients. Under the clinical direction of a Clinical Quality Manager, the RN (1) facilitates health and disease management, (2) uses evidence-based care to improve quality and patient outcomes, and (3) assists in transitions of care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Talks directly to patients on the telephone and in the clinic and then directs them to hospital emergency department or urgent care centers or to see their physician during office hours.
- Performs short evaluation of the patient situation to estimate severity of illness and/or injury including learning about chief complaint.
- Determines urgency of seeing the patient based on brief assessment and on familiarity with a patients condition and history in EMR. May use computerized medical information database, which uses algorithms that closely imitate medical provider logic and thought patterns, as guide. Confers with medical provider as needed.
- Sends those with high-risk chief complaints such as chest pain, abdominal pain, or severe headaches to ED immediately. May provide appropriate home health advice to those patients who do not need to go directly to the ED.
- Maintains follow up of all patients directed to the ED per established protocols.
- Sets up appointment for patients who do not need to go to ER but need to see a medical provider or arranges for an appointment scheduler to make the appointment.
- Acts, when designated, in "Ask a Nurse" capacity, handling routine information requests from patients, e.g., "Do I need a flu shot every year? When are you giving these shots?"
- Responds to all in clinic emergent patient needs and conduct triage as explained above.
- Participates in department medical assistants competency evaluations.
- Maintains an active resource, advisory, supportive role in the department to all staff with direct and indirect contact with patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with Mountain Park Health Center policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Observes organizational policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Complies with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of Mountain Park Health Center.
- Seeks out facility or external education/training that would further develop individual skills, experience or knowledge necessary for a high standard of functioning in his/her job.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Approved accredited RN education program, experience in clinical area of specialty.
2 years RN experience required.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current unencumbered Arizona R.N. License
current CPR certificate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to communicable diseases, toxic substances ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.