La Frontera EMPACT
Clinical Records Specialist
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer. .
We are seeking a highly detailed person for a medical records position in our Tempe Office. The Clinical Records Specialist is responsible for maintaining agency's clinical records which includes but is not limited to scanning documents into client charts, preparing charts for psychiatric appointments, and safeguarding client records. The Clinical Records Specialist is responsible for ensuring clinical records are managed in accordance with federal, state, and agency standards.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED and 2 years of job related experience.
- Must have minimum of two years of job related experience.
- Knowledge of medical records, HIPAA and patient confidentiality is required.
- Travel between multiple sites may be occur. Therefore, candidate must have reliable transportation.
- This position requires you to have or be able to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, computer literate, ability to navigate system applications and detail-oriented.
- Must have time management skills.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPCs liability insurance carrier is required.