Job Description SummaryAs a Closing Manager working for Taylor Morrison you will strive to provide a seamless transaction to borrower and builder, achieve customer satisfaction levels as evidenced by surveys, ensure that loans in your pipeline are managed expeditiously, and close employee loans as assigned.
We trust that as a Closing Manager you will: (responsibilities)
- Provide a seamless transaction to borrower and builder, achieve customer satisfaction levels as evidenced by surveys, ensure that loans in their pipelines are managed expeditiously, and close employee loans as assigned
- Monitor daily closing reports and conduct random audits of loans to ensure that company policies and procedures are being followed by the closers
- Determine the disbursement of incoming loan files to Closers based on volume and ensure that loans in their pipelines are managed expeditiously, and troubleshoot and resolve any issues that may arise in the day to day with regard to loans in closing
- Perform Quality Control 2nd level review when required
- Provide employee performance evaluation and participate in retention and succession planning
- Assist AVP as needed
- Create, document and train closing business process/checklist/procedures either solely or as part of larger project management team as a closing subject matter expert
- Establish and maintain a high performance team of professionally trained and motivated staff through effective performance management and career-development activities; lead team in achieving People Services/talent metrics
- Ensure that closing personnel are adequately trained and educated, and have the skills necessary to be accountable for their work
- Ensure that the right talent is in place to achieve strategic targets by dedicating time and resources to staffing, talent management and capability building
- Assess the organizations current closing capabilities against future closing objectives and requirements, and formulates a strategy to build required competencies through internal development and recruitment
- Address resource limitations by ensuring workload is effectively allocated, roles are clearly defined, interdependencies are understood, team members are satisfied with their jobs, and valued-added programs and associated resources-whether through additional headcount or outsourcing- can be justified to executive management
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
- 5+ years of closing experience required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Four year degree preferred
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage industry departments
- Intermediate Microsoft suite proficient
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution
- Business process experience
- 3+ years Lead/Management experience with a strong emphasis on coaching and development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- Interviewing, selecting, and training employees
- Setting rates of pay and hours of work
- Appraising productivity; handling employee grievances or complaints, or disciplining employees
- Determining work techniques
- Planning the work
- Apportioning work among employees
- Determining the types of equipment to be used in performing work, or materials needed
- Planning budgets for work
- Monitoring work for legal or regulatory compliance
- Providing for safety and security of the workplace
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to oversee direct reports daily and provide guidance as needed
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.