Silver Spring, MD
Cloud Security Engineer
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Banks Values are: Relationships FIRST: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for monitoring, analyzing and maintaining EagleBanks technical security controls in support of EagleBanks Information Security Program with respect to the Cloud. This role will be focused on maintaining the security of the EagleBank applications and network which includes creation and timely execution of project plans, tool installations, assisting with upgrades of EagleBanks technology environments and integrating risk-based threat intelligence into the operational environment. The role also supports the ability to maintain assurance in our technical security controls, especially on the Cloud, so that risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of EagleBanks information systems and infrastructure are sufficiently mitigated which in turn, supports the banks operational goals. The role will also perform triage and analysis of security events escalated from the Tier1 and Tier-2 support teams, specially on the Cloud.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an efficient and secure IT computing infrastructure on the public cloud (Microsoft Azure).
- Assist in the execution of information security cloud projects with other engineers, vendors and consultants.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate cloud security tools and document, troubleshoot, and remediate issues.
- Develop and evaluate security procedures for IT Department, specifically on the public cloud.
- Analyze reports, monitor alerts and review reports to monitor cloud activity and document findings and recommend corrective actions.
- Manage the connectivity between the on-premise private cloud to the public cloud using Azure VPN Gateway and Azure ExpressRoute. Familiarity with Azure Active Directory.
- Handle basic issues and problems, specifically on the public cloud; and escalate complex issues to other Security Engineers, Upper management and/or third party vendors when appropriate.
- Work with managed service providers, network administrators and security operations to resolve problems, evaluate new solutions, recommend changes, and investigate incidents.
- Analyze reports, identify, and distribute action items or service tickets to support teams or vendors to address workstation, server, or network issues, specifically on the public cloud.
- Document and Submit Change Management events in appropriate forms and represent changes to Change Advisory Committee.
- Ensure confidential data is secure (i.e. proprietary network information)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related focused technical training
- 7+ years experience in a combination of information security operations/engineering/administration with emphasis on deploying security products.
- 4+ years experience with designing and implementing information security technologies
- 2+ years hands-on experience on Microsoft Azure and Microsoft O365 virtualized environment.
- Intimately familiar with security tools (Vulnerability Management, SIEM, Endpoint Security, Web proxies, email gateway, etc.) especially on the Azure cloud.
- Hands-on experience with information security on other the public clouds (e.g. AWS) environment.
- Experience working on VMware virtualized environment with Vmware tools.
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed :
One or more of the following certifications (or equivalent):
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate (AZ-500) is a must.
Preferred Certifications, Licenses or systems:
One or more of the following certifications (or equivalent):
- SANS GIAC Certifications, such as GSE GIAC Security Expert
- Microsoft Cloud Certifications:
- Microsoft 365 Certified Security Administrator Associate (MS-500)
- Microsoft Certified Security Operations Analyst Associate (SC-200)
- Microsoft Certified Identity and Access Administrator Associate (SC-300)
- Microsoft Certified Information Protection Administrator Associate (SC-400
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft O365 virtualized environment and tools is a must. Ability to configure and work on Azure Security Center and O365 Security Center.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking: networking topology, protocols and services.
- Knowledge of Azure VPN Gateway and Azure ExpressRoute. Familiarity with Azure Active Directory.
- Familiarity with at least one security best practice standards such as the Center for Internet Security (CIS) Top 20 Critical Security Controls or NIST Cybersecurity Framework, or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of Azure Security Center and Azure portal. Knowledge of SEIM and AD tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Operating system and Azure tools. Strong Active Directory and Windows Group Policy knowledge.
- Networking technology and protocols, including routers, switches, VPNs, Citrix, email gateways, etc.
- Assist the Tier-1 and Tier-2 escalations with troubleshooting and working through ServiceNow tickets.