Cañon City, CO, United States
CNA / Nursing Unit Secretary - Medical Surgical
Welcome to Centura Health - the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success.Flourishing Begins Here
Centura Health values its incredible CNAs and Unit Secretaries. Our entire organization has carefully evaluated and standardized these roles to ensure opportunities to practice at top of your license and be a strong contributor. We've also established a career framework for CNAs and Unit Secretaries with clear paths to encourage career development into nursing and a wide range of roles.
Provides direct and indirect nursing care under the direction of a RN and in accordance with policies and procedures. Assists the healthcare team in coordinating, prioritizing and communicating patient, physician and staff needs. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
$14.05/hr - $19.96/hrWhat You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- Six months previous CNA experience, preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Basic computer skills
- Previous nursing unit secretary or medical office experience, preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of a Nursing Assistant Program preferred
- Current state CNA license for applicable state of employment required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association required
Physical Requirements - Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
*The position may require an online assessment once the application is submitted. The science behind these professionally designed assessments help companies better understand the compatibility and alignment between applicants and organizations, and provide information that can be discussed during the interview. Assessment results will remain part of your applicant record (counting toward additional application submissions). There is no "pass or fail" - it's just one more data point to help recruiters and hiring managers identify a role and department where individuals are most likely to experience success.Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We're committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third party job board. All of our pay ranges are clearly posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our Careers page and apply today!