Horizon Home Care & Hospice
CNA-Residential - Days (Hospice Inpatient Units)
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are.Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Horizon's Inpatient Hospice facilities - Lawlis Family Hospice, located on the serene Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital Ozaukeeand Kathy's Hospice, located in the rolling hills of the Froedtert West Bend campus practice Horizon's hospice philosophy of celebrating the human spirit and providing quality and compassion care to our patients and their families.
We are seeking an individual interested in a part-time, 1st shift (7:00am - 3:30pm) opportunities to be trained and provide quality care within both facilities. Our CNA Residential roles:
- Provide basic patient care and services as specified by the assigned unit under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse.
- Follow RN s direction to complete the assigned patient care tasks according to established clinical procedures within the department.
- Gather and document data accurately to contribute to assessment of patient and to assure the integrity of the medical record. Report abnormalities to the RN.
- Recognize areas where the patient's response deviates from the desired outcome and report to the RN.
- Identify emergency situations and take appropriate action.
- Reinforce aspects of patient teaching as delegated by the RN.
- Establish a rapport with patients; Communication is therapeutic and patient focused.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Wisconsin CNA certification that allows you to work in Federally Certified Home Health Agencies and Hospices.
- Prior experience working with the public is required.
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle