Los Angeles, CA, United States
Now hiring experienced and entry-level conventional and CNC Machinists.(this is not an operator position)
Spears Manufacturing in Sylmar California, a world leader in the manufacturing and distribution of plastic valves, and pipe since 1969. Due to our companies continued growth we are currently looking for conventional and CNC Machinists with experience, and Apprentice/Novice level positions also available.
This is a career position with a national company that has over 24 plants and distribution centers throughout the country.
This opportunity is at our Sylmar Mold Tool department, producing new plastic injection molds as well as repairing/maintaining existing tooling in a clean well equipped Machine Shop.
The pay will be commensurate with the individual’s experience and skill level.
- Medical and Dental Insurance After 90 Days
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401K 4% Annual Salary Match
- Six Paid Holidays Each Year
- Paid Vacation
What we are looking for:
Machinists with strong Injection Mold background/knowledge a plus.
Must have a strong background and problem-solving skills.
Work with minimal supervision.
Ability to read and understand Tool Drawings/Blueprints.
Have ability to hold close tolerances of plus/minus .002” is required as well as understanding cutting tool geometry, speeds and feeds.
- CNC Machinists must have ability to program, set-up and operate Hurco mills, Fadal mills or Romi lathes with Fanuc control. 3D mill M/CAM experience is a plus.
- Conventional Mill/Lathe/Surface Grinder/Drill/Saw/EDM experience needed for Machinist Position but willing to train suitable applicants.
Ideal candidate will have the following:
- Working knowledge of all tools needed for manufacturing.
- Close tolerance parts:
- ID & OD Mics
- Depth Mics
- Jo Blocks
- Indicators reading .0005
- Hand Tools
- Own tools preferred.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Understanding geometry & trigonometry and use your skill to inspect parts using sine plate, height gage and layout methods
- Dependable and focused for continued growth and opportunities.
- Experience preferred
- CNC Machinists must be able to program CNC equipment and know the concept well
- We are not a production facility and you must adapt well to constant change
- High School graduate
We are an EOE employer