Town of Marana
Code Enforcement Officer I
Marana is the fastest growing community in Southern Arizona and the 2nd largest municipality in Pima County. The Town was recently recognized as one of the ten most successful cities in Arizona. Marana lies approximately 20 minutes northwest of downtown Tucson and 75 minutes southeast of Phoenix. The Town makes its decisions based on a Strategic Plan that has five focus areas: Commerce, Community, Heritage, Innovation and Recreation.
Marana's standards are high. We are an organization of excellence and have developed four Cultural Value Statements that provide the guidelines for how we work together. Our Cultural Values are: Dedicated Service, Respect, Teamwork and Engaged Innovation.
The Town of Marana is seeking a Code Enforcement Officer I to work in the Community and Neighborhood Services Department. This is a full-time position and an exciting opportunity for someone interested in having a direct impact on ensuring properties and businesses are maintained in compliance with codes and ordinances.
Hiring Range: $21.86 - $26.78
Day-shift Tuesday thru Saturday; occasional evenings/night work required
- Performs property inspections and follow-ups to insure compliance with local codes and ordinances; works with property owners, tenants and occupants to gain compliance
- Prepare all paperwork necessary to track cases, issue violation notices and citations; testifies in court when legal action is necessary
- Responds to citizen complaints of weeds, refuse, inoperable vehicles, graffiti, etc.; canvassing of businesses and collection of illegal signs
- Attends community meetings
- Coordinates enforcement activities with other departments
- High school diploma or GED equivalency plus six months of additional education or training
- Over one year in code enforcement, law enforcement or other similar enforcement or inspector related fields
- Valid Arizona Driver License
- Must pass a pre-employment physical and a 50 pound lift test
- Ability to pass both the Town of Marana background check and a motor vehicle records check
- Bilingual in speaking English and Spanish
- Zoning Code Inspector Certification
- Property Maintenance Inspector Certification
- Code Enforcement Officer Certification
If you meet the minimum requirements, submit a completed Town of Marana application which can be supplemented with a resume and cover letter. Candidates are responsible for verifying receipt of materials. Applications must be submitted by applying online at www.maranaaz.gov and following the employment link. All status updates will be sent via email through the applicant tracking system.
REVIEW PROCESS Job posting will remain open until a sufficient number of applicants have met the minimum requirements and have been scheduled for interviews.
TOWN OF MARANA CONTACT INFORMATION
11555 West Civic Center Drive
Marana, AZ 85653
ph (520) 382-1900 / fx (520) 382-3500
Human Resource Staff Contact
Loren Churchman /520.382.1934/ email@example.com
The Town of Marana is an equal opportunity employer. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any stage of the application/exam process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department prior to any deadlines related to this recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you would like this publication in an alternative format.