Grand Rapids, MI
Command Center Assistant Manager
Allied Universal® Technology Services, one of the largest security systems integrators in the United States, offers comprehensive and integrated technology solutions to help clients mitigate risk and protect people and assets. Allied Universal® Technology Services all-inclusive service approach offers intelligent and seamless technology solutions from electronic access control, video surveillance, fire/life safety, alarm monitoring, emergency communications, technological threat management and response, and other smart tech innovative solutions, including a broad array of hosted /managed services via the company’s Monitoring and Response Center (MaRC), and the Global Security Operating Center.
We are in a growth mode and continue to hire talented Installation and Service Technicians, Monitoring Agents, Coordinators, Project Managers, Engineers, Architects, Branch Leadership and Sales Professionals. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal® Technology Services today!
The primary function of the Assistant Manager for the Monitoring and Response Center is to monitor the assigned customers, document any activity, contact support systems in the event of an emergency, and provide leadership and support to all operators on their designated shift. In addition, the Assistant Manager is to ensure goals are being met and objectives are met or exceeded on their designated shift.
This is a 24/7 call center environment that requires individuals to sit for long periods of time.
Sunday-Thursday from 8a-5p, with Friday/Saturday off
*Schedule may be adjusted for training or management needs
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides coaching and feedback to operators; identifying areas for training to ensure alarm board panels/video alarms/burglary and fire alarms/monitoring center is operated accurately while meeting goals and deadlines
- Serves as a resource in answering questions regarding interpretation of data to be keyed or verified.
- Investigates and professionally resolves inquiries and complaints that require Management level intervention
- Assists with review and completion of weekly timesheet and scheduling of specialists
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Compiles and reviews daily/weekly reports to guarantee standards for quality and productivity are maintained
- Develops and maintains a team-oriented relationship with other departments, so that, company goals and objectives are met or exceeded
- Performs the work of the Security Intervention Specialist/Customer Service Rep in order to meet high volume demands when necessary
- Must attend scheduled meetings and company training meetings and seminars as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
- Assists with coordinating company functions, promotional events, employee reward/recognition programs, and meetings
- Maintains strong working knowledge of current company policies and procedures, recommend improvements as needed
- Assists with other special projects as requested by Manager
- Assists with new site development, involving forms, maps, virtual patrol routes, contact information, and vulnerabilities
- Completes incident reports
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of three years experience in law enforcement, security or the military or call center experience
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
Must have language skills to read and interpret documents such as security logs, post orders, and other security correspondence. In addition, must be able to effectively verbally communicate to another in the English language to direct, control, and/or assist in the event of a crisis.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
In addition to the ability to learn any new software needed, this position is required to have knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Security Licenses is a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to identify a problem, apply security training and procedures and execute said procedures.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Employees work inside of a Monitoring and Response Center that is relatively quiet with dim lighting.
Employees are required to sit for long periods of time, respond to event-driven alarms for their entire shift and control a mouse and keyboard. Being that the core job duty is to view cameras for the entire shift, employees must be alert at all times. No accommodations will be made for an employee who is unable to stay awake whether due to a medical condition or medication.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.