Commercial Lines Compliance Analyst
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Founded in 1997, Homesite Insurance was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. In 2013, we started commercial lines products targeting small business owners in the direct market. The direct small business insurance unit is a separate start-up, located in Seattle, Washington. We have been growing rapidly and continue to innovate to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations. As we continue to grow, our direct-to-consumer offerings continue to expand. Today, Homesite small business offers insurance coverage for Businessowners, General Liability, and Workers’ Compensation. One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
With a variety of new products and a rapidly changing competitive landscape in mind, Homesite is building out a position to specifically focus on Commercial Lines compliance.
We are currently seeking an intelligent, analytical, energetic individual to join our Small Commercial Product Management team. This role will be engaged in analysis of compliance related processes and data requests, as well as identification and resolution of complex compliance issues for our various insurance products.
- Support development of product as it relates to compliance and competitive strategies
- Review, analyze and fulfill data call requests from state Departments of Insurance
- Identify affected policyholder exposures from errors or changes in legislation
- Write internal and external communications regarding product and procedures
- Interpret and apply changes in regulations, state laws, and other information related to Underwriting and Insurance Product Management
- Identify and remediate compliance issues involving business units across the organization
- Ability to research, synthesize and interpret regulatory and competitor product information
- Educational Credentials: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. CPCU, IIA or other recognized insurance designation preferred.
- Relevant experience: A minimum of 2 to 5 years of professional experience, ideally working in Property & Casualty insurance underwriting or product management.
- Methodical approach to work: Rigorous attention to detail and commitment to quality control.
- Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses.
- Powerful Communication: Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical Rigor: Motivated individual with strong analytic, problem solving, skills to identify areas of research and recommend improvements.
- Teamwork and Adaptability: Ability to be flexible and work as part of a team in ever-changing, collaborative start-up environment.
Homesite is an insurance company that's big on technology. Finding faster and smarter methods of improving how people buy insurance is our jam. Our crew is made up of talented and passionate professionals who aren't afraid to push the envelope. When you work at Homesite, you'll have the opportunity to pursue your creative ideas in an environment that welcomes them.
Join our team as we shake up the world of insurance!