Premier Valley Bank
Commercial Team Lead
Premier Valley Bank and it's Divisions, Founders Community Bank and Yosemite Bank, are growing dynamic organizations with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Commercial Banker Team Lead I perform all duties associated with the Commercial Bankers position by originating new commercial relationships and the cross selling of existing clients as well as providing strong leadership to Commercial Bankers.
This position has responsibility for individual and team goals regarding growing commercial deposits, loans and fee income in a profitable manner. Administer the banks business development strategy, cross-selling of clients and development of centers of influence per company protocols. Ensures credit quality is at the forefront of all banker responsibilities and that policies are met and monitored. In addition to management, the Commercial Banker Team Lead I will be expected to maintain a $90MM loan portfolio with more complex relationships.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management and leadership:
* Selects, coaches, and mentors Commercial Bankers that have a comprehensive set of skills to include sales, credit and knowledge of all other business lines so that they maximize prospect and client relationships, build effective relationships with centers of influence, and cross sell bank products and services.
* Estimated 80% of time spent developing new business and managing a portfolio with 20% of time spent coaching and developing direct reports.
* Establishes and monitors goals and holds Commercial Bankers accountable for new business development, cross selling, and growing loans, deposits, and fees for the bank.
* Directs, implements, supervises, and participates in business development activities of the bank, and provides sales leadership and management.
* Manages the commercial sales pipeline process for new business generation.
* Holds regularly scheduled sales meetings that assist with the development of the Commercial Bankers and the accomplishment of their goals.
* Assists with the executing of the sales strategies for all lines of business to include making joint calls with Commercial Bankers.
* Ensures that each Commercial Banker is monitoring their portfolio, identifies and communicates changes in credit risk to include recommended changes in risk ratings and to hold their customers accountable in regards to the terms and conditions of the loan.
* Stays abreast of regulations and legislation that directly affect the bank.
* Stays abreast of local and regional products and pricing.
Participates in the business development activities of the bank:
* Identifies appropriate commercial prospects within defined target markets, creates and manages an effective prospect list, and performs activities to insure growth in loan portfolios.
* Serves our prospects and customers through a consultative selling, trusted advisor role to assist them in recognizing and tackling business opportunities and risks, and helping them accomplish their goals while maximizing our effectiveness.
* Promotes and cross-sells all bank products and services as appropriate.
* Prepares for, attends and participates in sales development meetings.
* Prepares for and conducts prospect and customer meetings utilizing tools such as First Research, eMentor, and PROFITMAX.
* Seeks out expertise within the company (i.e., governmental guaranty, cash management, specific industry knowledge) to assist in the development of customer relationships.
* Concludes the sales process by gathering and evaluating financial statements and related data from the prospect or customer, determining potential credit worthiness, and establishing and negotiating proposed credit terms.
* Reviews and directs new credit requests for existing clients and prospects to ensure adequate business discussions occur and to pursue creditworthy opportunities.
Participates in the underwriting and documentation of the credit:
* Utilizes the business case discussion and subsequent meetings with bank management, the credit department, industry specialists and other interested parties to exchange information and ideas, and to seek and understand the opinions of others.
* Ensures that all relevant information is accurately documented and provided to the credit department in a timely and efficient manner so that all credits can be appropriately underwritten and decisions can be made for our customers in an expeditious manner.
* Utilizes the credit department to assist in the underwriting of all credits over individual lending limits, and the small business lending center for all credits within the scope of small business, and conclude the underwriting process by reaching concurrence with the credit department.
* Obtains and documents credit approval.
* Ensures that all client documents and customer agreements, credit and non-credit alike are accurate and properly executed, and funds are not released until all documents are properly executed.
Participates in the management of a commercial loan portfolio:
* Monitors the portfolio for credit quality. Understands, detects and reports the early warning signs of problem credits so as to minimize the risk of credit loss and to maintain appropriate risk ratings on all loans.
* Continuously monitors customer performance and maintains timely reporting to include covenant monitoring and receipt and review of financial statements, Compliance Certificates, Borrowing Base Certificates, and associated receivable, payable and/or inventory reports.
* Ensures the Lender Annual Reviews and collateral monitoring is completed on a timely basis.
* Pursues the collection of any delinquent account immediately.
* Follows up on any open documentation or tickler item such as insurance, tax, or stale financial information.
Performs other expectations of the job:
* Achieves annual performance goals.
* Conducts business in compliance with bank policies and procedures, as well as all federal and state laws and regulations.
* Actively involved in community activities that will promote the bank and/or assist in business development.
* Continuously seeks additional knowledge and training to enhance sales, credit, and people skills.
1. Responsible for supervising 2-3 employees
2. Works with Heartland Financials recruitment team to hire, develop, mentor, and train exceptional personnel.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectation and performance
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Leverages tools to manage team in successful pipeline management, credit quality and ongoing policy and procedure adherence.
7. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department per the view process deadline.
* Bachelors degree in a business-related field required; Masters degree preferred
* 5+ years related experience in Banking, preferably Commercial Banking
* 3+ years supervisory experience.
* Proven ability to increase sales
* Experience managing a book of business
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
* Strong working knowledge of computer software applications. Including but not limited to: Salesforce, nCino and the Microsoft Suite
* Ability to delegate and lead by example and communicate vision with a passion and maintaining the focus on mission and purpose consistent with the Heartland model
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
If youre looking for a career where your voice is heard and you have opportunities do what you do best every day - your search is over. Premier Valley Bank is committed to attracting, retaining and developing talented professionals who strive to do great things and make a positive impact in the community.
Joining Premier Valley Bank means actively contributing to the vitality of the communities where we live and work. In 2020, Premier Valley Bank supported many Central California causes including multiple COVID relief programs, wildfire victim relief efforts, and a program dedicated to aiding underfunded local classrooms. Additionally, employees are given volunteer hours to support to a community cause. We are devoted to giving back locally and bonding as a team while doing it!
Our commitment to providing a positive and professional work environment is supported by a leadership team that is 100% dedicated to foster your career. We work closely with our employees to strategize individualized professional development plans and professional goals. We grow, when you grow.
At Premier Valley Bank, we are focused on a strong and robust diverse environment in which all team members feel valued. While building a team that lives our mission statement every day of enriching lives one customer, employee and community at a time.EOE/AA Employer M/F/Disabled/VetMember FDIC Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will