Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Community Based Advocate
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Provide domestic violence support services, education and case management to out-of-shelter victim of domestic violence in a community-based setting, as well as to existing participants of the De Colores domestic violence program.
- High School Diploma or GED and 3 years experience
- Bachelors degree in a related field is preferred
- Must be able to work with families in crisis and be able to offer supportive services
- Ability to work in an active environment and possess excellent time management skills
- Excellent networking skills
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required
- Possess a valid drivers license and ability to be insured under automotive insurance policy.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed per program requirements.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have good organization and time management skills.
- Must have current Fingerprint Clearance Card or ability to have within 60 days of employment
- Must pass a background screening prior to start
- Must be 21 years of age.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Provide appropriate supportive services and individual case management in a community based setting to out-of-shelter victims of domestic violence. Support clients to increase their knowledge of community resources and assist clients in creating a safety plan in a community setting.
- Provide a culturally and linguistically competent womens empowerment support group in order to increase understanding of domestic violence, bolster self esteem and create a circle of support for victims of domestic violence in a community setting.
- Develop a knowledge base of local and state agencies that assist victims of domestic violence in the community.
- Maintain client records for all services rendered
- Complete all training courses within the timeframe specified
- Participate in program activities, staff and clinical meetings, and planning and problem solving
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to work in an active environment with clientele that require special attention.
Employee is expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building, and maintenance of case management and crisis intervention skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in the community, satellite offices and at the shelter.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Community Based Supervisor. Employee is accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.