Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Community Center Manager
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Under the direction of the Director, the Community Center Coordinator is responsible for: developing, creating and implementing various programs to support the Community. This includes providing culturally competent programs services, fee for service GED/ESL programs, various educational programming, such as STEAM. Other responsibilities include responding to needs of community members and working with other CPLC programs. The position manages at least two staff members and an additional staff member at the San Mariana Community Center. also works with CPLCs Evaluation and Resource Development teams.
Responsible for Managing a Community Center. This position comes with a wide degree of creativity. However it is critical to balance the types of work required such as data collection, grant writing and managing various programs. The ability to hire and manage and to delegate staff. Ability to create innovative programming.
This position also requires the ability and experience to plan, develop, manage programs/projects to their completion and evaluation.
- Bachelors or Masters degree preferred.
- Must have minimum of 3 years experience working with youth and families (preferably areas: abuse prevention, mentoring, and/or tutoring);
- Decisive decision making abilities,
- Empathetic to community needs
- Honesty and Integrity are core for this position
- Ability excite and empower staff
- Previous classroom/teaching experience is desired
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends
- Must be available to work at 4 days youth leadership retreat (3nights, 4 days);
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual Spanish/ English REQUIRED
- Must be organized and detail oriented; basic knowledge of principles and practices of prevention
- Knowledge and skill in conducting prevention education and programs directed at youth and families
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Plans and develops programs, assigns activities and projects to staff.
- Work with Community Services staff and Resource Develop to write grants that will support efforts at the Carl Hayden Community Center.
- Work with Community Service Director and Research and Evaluation team to o conduct program evaluations and the administration, such as, pre-post surveys.
- Assume duties as designed by the Director to assure proper and continued function or programs
- Functions as liaison for parents in accessing resources and information regarding youth development
- Research culturally competent curriculums
- Monitor youth participating in programs such as after school programming, summer programs, STEAM programs)Identify and recruit students for youth Activities sponsored by CPLC Youth /Community Center
- Work with Family Support Coordinator to identify students and families for referral to agencies
- Update files, maintain attendance records, and draft case notes
- Maintain open communication with staff members and the Program Director
- Ensure client confidentiality
- Participate in team meetings
- Participate in youth activities, cultural events, community events, and promotional efforts
- Facilities oversight-general upkeep and submittal of work orders when needed
- Manages the use of the facility and open/close times
- Monitors program volunteers
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Director of Community Services. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.