Shema Kolainu-Hear Our Voices
New York, NY, United States
Community Habilitation Specialists
Community Habilitation Specialists are direct care providers that play a vital role in the success and achievements of individuals with developmental disabilities. Your work is essential and is needed throughout New York City including Staten Island.
You can make a difference in the life of a child with autism, developmental disabilities, or behavioral problems. Help them achieve their next goal to overcome their challenges. Assist an autistic or down syndrome adult to continue developing their skills and reach independence. We provide free training for passionate individuals interested in becoming community habilitation & respite providers.
What does this job offers?
- Work-life balance
- Schedule Flexibility
- Great 2nd job to boost income
- Work at private residence or in the community (not group home)
- Friendship & relationship with parents
- Help a child with special needs develop daily living skills.
- Provide services in a family-centered manner in their home
- Work with Case Supervisor on monthly goals and plans of action
- Social interaction and day-to-day activities
- Document client daily progress and achievements
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Passion to help others and make a difference in someone’s life
- Adhere to all agency and OPWDD regulations
- English/Spanish Bilingual a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent required (we provide training)