La Maestra Community Health Centers
National City, CA
Community Health Worker
Hours of Work:
Take the necessary healthcare information into the community by: contacting groups and individuals delivering pertinent information, and screening groups and individuals, with the goal of increasing awareness of the health care services, mental health and dental services available through the programs offered at La Maestra Community Health Centers.Responsibilities:
* Attend staff meetings once a week.
* Submit weekly report.
* Conduct clinic rotations .
* Attend Health Fairs.
* Outreach La Maestra Services.
* Provide assistance with Medical and Calfresh applications.
* Find new locations to do outreach.
* Followup with patients who would like more information regarding La Maestra Services.
* Schedule appointments.
* Advocate for individual and community needs.
* Bridging/culturally mediating between individuals, communities and health and human services, including actively building individual and community capacity.
* Provide Good Customer Service.
* Keeps Resource binder updated.
* Followup Calfresh, Medical and CoveredCA via phone calls and in person.
* Ensures theres enough flyers, ROIs, CoveredCA Authorization and other forms.
* Conducts Charlas.
* Conduct health related screenings(MA).
* Assuring that people access the coverage and service they need.
* Refers patients to Circle of Care.
* Voicemail operator.
High School Diploma.
Minimum two years experience in a customer service position in a healthcare clinic or medical office. Bilingual in English and Spanish is a requirement.Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job:
Bilingual. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills .Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job:
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of selfinitiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.Physical and Mental Requirements:
Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
lamaestra.orgInterested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to: Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.