Provide administrative and management oversight to assist the Director of Compliance in performing bank regulatory compliance activities and engage in compliance monitoring, testing and reporting to assure compliance with laws and regulations throughout the Bank. Requires strong practical knowledge of banking regulations including but not limited to ECOA, HMDA, RESPA, Truth in Lending, Truth in Savings, Electronic Fund Transfers, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Fair Lending, Flood Insurance, Regulation O, UDAAP and Privacy.
- Researches regulatory requests from business areas and provide regulatory interpretation and executable options to achieve regulatory requirements and business needs.
- Review new or changed regulatory requirements and lead the coordination, implementation and training of requirements across business areas.
- Manages project completion and coordinates regulatory requirements implementation with business line/operations.
- Reviews advertising requests and approves subject to compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring, testing and, validation of CRA commercial lending (community development, small business) eligibility requirements.
- Monitoring, testing, and validation of HMDA data.
- Plans, coordinates, and completes compliance reviews and monitoring activities as directed by Director of Compliance.
- Stays abreast of compliance requirements via a variety of regulatory information sources.
- Complete ad hoc projects per directions from Director of Compliance and/or Chief Risk Officer.
- Assist with or take responsibility for annual regulatory filing of the banks HMDA and CRA data.
- Provide compliance support in the management of third party mortgage lending quality control program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of commercial and retail banking policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of depository and lending banking regulations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Prior knowledge of bank operating systems, commercial and residential loan origination systems and regulatory filing software applications (e.g., HMDA, CRA) is a plus.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Local travel as required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships FIRST in all areas of job performance.
- BS or BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Professional certification as a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or comparable certification highly desirable.
- At least five (5) years of banking compliance, audit, or relevant bank operations experience required.
- Formal regulatory compliance training from ABA, ICBA or other recognized professional organizations addressing technical knowledge of rules and regulations required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.