Compliance Officer, Pest Management
WORKING AT HS GROUP HOLDING COMPANY
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work at a company that genuinely cares about its employees, franchisees, and customers? A company that believes in work-life balance, that it is okay to have fun on the job, and that invests in its employees by providing challenging opportunities and tools to deliver excellence? If these beliefs ring true to you, we invite you to read on.
What do we do? We help entrepreneurs achieve their lifelong dream of success through business ownership. As a multi-brand franchisor, we plan to deliver multiple home services through individually owned and operated franchisee throughout the United States and Canada. We help our brands deliver superior customer service by providing a high touch National Contact Center, cutting-edge technology, fun and upbeat marketing and business coaching that adds real value.
In a nutshell, our vision is to be a franchisee-friendly company, empowering entrepreneurs to deliver exceptional services to their communities.
What are our roots? It all began in June 2020, when our flagship franchise, MaidPro, partnered with The Riverside Company (a private equity sponsor). Since then, we’ve been moving at a rapid speed growing both organically and through acquisitions. Today, we are 4 brands strong, supporting not only MaidPro but also Men in Kilts, FlyFoe, and Pestmaster. Our strategy is to keep adding great-performing brands to our portfolio, so we’re not slowing down. We’re headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, but really, we’re all over the map, with more than 400+ franchise locations across North America.
Founded in 1979, Pestmaster Services has over 40 years of experience in the pest control industry, and that experience reflects in the high-quality pest management services that we provide.
We are a leader in the pest control industry and an authority on Integrated Pest Management (IPM). Not only do we pride ourselves on high-quality services, but we also make customer satisfaction a top priority.
With the vision to provide the most effective pest management services possible while also remaining eco-friendly, we’ve taken charge of the once environmentally hazardous pest control industry, developing sustainable options to stop pests in their tracks and keep local homes, businesses, and facilities pest-free!
Our core mission statement is "Pest Management with Environmentality".
COMPLIANCE OFFICER, PEST MANAGEMENT
HS Group Holding Company is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Compliance Officer. This strategic position is focused on the Pestmaster Services Company and reports to our Chief of Brands. This position is responsible for Pestmaster Services licensing and compliance with all governmental agencies. The Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring Pestmaster Services’ pesticide applications and employee safety trainings are following all federal, state, county and municipal rules and regulations; assisting operations with maintaining compliance, ensuring that the company and all employees are correctly licensed, and maintaining the company training manual and training certificates records.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide compliance guidance and support regarding clarification of compliance requirements, accreditation and licensing standards.
- Ensure all City, County and State Structural Pest Control Board and Department of Pesticide Regulations licenses and permits are in compliance on a timely basis.
- Manage systems and training materials to all company employees with licensing and continuing education requirements.
- Identify and manage necessary systems to record and maintain records of pesticide use, storage, safety, and reporting requirements.
- Travel to branch locations as needed to provide compliance support, training, conduct site audits and investigations.
- Submit accurate and complete required reporting on time to relevant agencies.
- Develop and implement proactive pesticide risk reduction strategies and programs.
- Maintain knowledge of the FIFRA products used by Pestmaster Services.
- Assist operations with spill response and pesticide waste disposal.
- Lead investigations of identified issues, gaps in adherence of our standards, and reported issues.
- Delivery of internal and external deliverables with stakeholders at every level in the company.
- Lead Pestmaster Services in meeting our Corporate Responsibility goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 2 years of regulatory and audit experience
- Development of employee training materials preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Responsive with a sense of urgency and appreciation of time sensitivity to deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
We provide competitive employee-focused benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision and other ancillary benefits on your first day of employment
- Holiday and paid time off
- 401k match after 30 days of employment
- A work environment following all state guidelines for COVID-19 safety