Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Compliance, Safety & Risk Coordinator I
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Experience in Construction Site Management and Construction Safety is desired.
OBJECTIVE AND POSITION SUMMARY
The primary function of the Compliance, Safety & Risk Coordinator position is to assist with the coordination and administration of duties associated with compliance, safety, and risk with programs and business units throughout Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries to aid in the minimization of loss.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities but will collaborate with several team members and programs across CPLC.
A wide degree of creativity, latitude and knowledge is required to meet the challenges faced by this position. Experience with nonprofit administration, safety, and/or compliance is preferred. Sound judgment, a commitment to compliance and confidentiality, superior written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills, and attention to detail are essential functions of this position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides assistance with compliance, risk and safety processes and duties for CPLC.
- Assists with the handling of all incidents reports and requests of certificates of insurance submitted to the department. Meets monthly with multi state ECD programs to reconcile incident reports. Reports all significant incidents to the Director, Department VP and/or General Counsel for further handling as needed.
- Works with prime and subcontractors to ensure compliance with Davis Bacon and Related Acts requirements. Keeps abreast of Federal and State laws and other relevant information including Davis-Bacon and Related Act (DBRA), Federal Rate tables, etc
- Works with team members to proactively report and maintain documentation associated with compliance, safety, and risk activities.
- Creates and provides metrics and activity reports to Director and department leadership.
- Assists with planning and coordinating safety and compliance activities in conjunctions with the Safety & Risk Coordinator and Director of Compliance (including trainings, meetings, committees, and/or assessments, etc) throughout all of CPLC and its programs.
- Assists with compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Provides excellent customer service and direction to CPLC staff.
- Tracks expenditures to ensure they remain within established guidelines.
- Maintains record-keeping systems relating to assigned duties.
- Performs other related duties as required and in accordance with CPLCs Vision.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will minimally have three (3) years of experience in a coordinator or administrative role in either a nonprofit, government position. Preference will be given to individuals with previous work experience within a corporate compliance, safety or risk environment and/or individuals with previous work experience with Davis Bacon Compliance. An Associates degree or certification in a related area is preferred. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may meet the qualifications of this position. Candidate must have, or be eligible to obtain, and maintain an Arizona fingerprint clearance card and complete a TB test and receive a TDAP vaccination.
The candidate will acquire and maintain working knowledge of both policy and operational practices of assigned programs and business units throughout CPLC and utilize appropriate techniques and reporting methods to monitor and track current or developing compliance, risk, and safety issues. The candidate must be able to apply deductive reasoning in reporting data. In addition, proficiency of computer fundamentals and business software is required, Office 365 preferred. The candidate must be self-directed and work independently, however must communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to provide support to programs and business units.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Office Position: This position is both a mobile and a sedentary position with periods of light physical activity, and is performed mostly in office surroundings. Positions typical in nature require regular walking or standing; sitting, lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds; climbing stairs, bending, reaching, holding, grasping and turning objects; and using fingers to operate computer keyboards. This position will require the ability to speak normally and to use normal or aided vision and hearing.
Travel: Local, interstate and intrastate travel to Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries, will be necessary to successfully fulfill the duties of this position. Candidate must have and maintain a valid drivers license and auto insurance. Technology will be utilized to minimize travel whenever feasible. The travel requirements for this position are anticipated to be 35 to 50 percent assignment depending. Overnight travel must be approved in advance by the Department VP. Travel requirements may vary based on the needs of the job.
Telecommute: Position may have the option to partially telecommute with prior approval from the Department VP. Telecommuting is not guaranteed and subject to job need and/or job performance.
Continuous Learning: All certifications related to the position at hire, or obtained while employed by CPLC, must be maintained. Candidate will be expected to participate in continuous learning opportunities to maintain competency and enhance skillset. Learning opportunities must be approved by Department VP.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended or is implied to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. All employees are accountable for understanding and complying with all CPLC corporate policies and procedures as well as any program specific policies and procedures. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
This job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.