Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
Date Posted: 4/17/2022
Term of Employment: Full Time, 12 months with benefits
Salary Range: $44,000 - $55,000 DOE
The Computer Network Technician reports to the Director of Information Technology and provides technical support for all district technology. Resolves problems or answers questions about district hardware and software and/or develops effective solutions. Maintains contact with customers via phone, email, web, and in-person. Maintains standards for call closure and resolution to ensure optimum quality assurance and customer satisfaction. Creates documentation of technical subjects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Troubleshoots and resolves user requests for help with hardware, software, telecommunication systems, Internet, Intranet and network/LAN problems, or escalates/refers to appropriate source.
- Helps end-users with utilization of software applications and peripheral devices.
- Documents diagnostic steps while troubleshooting the reported problem or question.
- Initiates and follows through on help desk requests to ensure closure and customer satisfaction.
- Performs network functions such as resetting passwords, assisting end-users in file management and checking user security.
- Implements and maintains configuration and upgrades for routers, switches, cache engines, and wireless devices.
- Troubleshoots failures in data network environment involving routers, switches, cache engines, wireless technology, includes hardware, software, connectivity.
- Ability to demonstrate original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; and develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Provides hardware and software fault isolation, repairs, installation, upgrades and configuration management.
- Assists in managing, configuring and distributing IP addresses.
- Support Local and Wide Area Network data communications.
- Assists in the design and implementation of new Local Area Networks within new or existing sites.
- Recommends cabling design and placement specifications to meet IEEE 802.3 standards.
- Installs, maintains, and supports network cabling.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Physically able to operate a variety of equipment and use a variety of tools/implements appropriate for computer, server, telephone, and other technology diagnostics and/or repair, and assigned office tasks.
- Physically able to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift, and move up to 50 pounds.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications/Education and/or Experience:
- Two years of experience in troubleshooting or fixing computer hardware problems, including experience with Windows OS, MAC OS, Google Suite and other software applications
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking components
- Experience with configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting routers; access servers, and layer switching.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with parents, students, school districts, community, Department of Education, state and federal agencies
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training, or education
- Experience with HTML, CMS, CCS, PHP, SQL, SPSS, and/or MySQL
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize workload, and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Self-motivated, problem-solving skills, and detail oriented
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, or with a team, and exercise sound judgment
- Customer focused, and models exemplary customer service in all facets of the job
- Must pass a fingerprint background check
- MMR immunization, negative TB test (within the last year)
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
Submit a signed cover letter, resume, one recent (within five years) signed professional reference letter and a copy of current certificate(s) via the district’s online application system (https://www.applitrack.com/pimajted/onlineapp). Open until filled.
Pima County JTED #11 is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, language of origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or marital status. Unless expressly superseded by controlling federal or state statutes, regulations or court decisions, this policy will prevail in all matters concerning staff members, students, the public, educational programs and services and individuals with whom the Joint Board does business.