J.O. Combs Unified School District
San Tan Valley, AZ
The Computer Technician I is responsible for carrying out the troubleshooting needs for the District, installation of various software, and computer support for the staff of the District.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma and college level courses in Computer Technology, or A+ and MCP certificate required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating System and Office Suite
- Ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair computer software and hardware
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, students, and the public
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license and reliable transportation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides first line of technical support for district technology users
- Works with students and staff to operate computers and printers and to identify and correct errors.
- Logs work requests and resolutions in Access database
- Troubleshoots hardware/software problems for District employees
- Troubleshoots problems with audio/visual equipment
- Installs and maintains PC hardware and software and other electronic equipment
- Programs computer systems
- Performs routine maintenance on computer, audio/visual, and security equipment
- Notifies Director of Technology of technical, communication system, and information system problems.
- Works with Technology team to solve network problems
- Assisted with updating District computer systems
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Technology
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock, vibration, and extreme heat. The employee’s must frequently work in small, cramped areas. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, toxic , or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Schedule: Support Staff Initial Salary Placement Range 113
Benefits: Per District Policy
Contract: 12 Months, 243 Days
Reports to: Director of Technology
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The J.O. Combs Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries may be directed to the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA Title II Coordinator at 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 or (480) 987-5300.
El Distrito Escolar Unificado de J.O. Combs no discrimina basada por la raza, el color, el origen nacional, el sexo, la discapacidad o la edad de una persona en sus programas o actividades y proporciona igual acceso a los Boy Scouts y otros grupos juveniles designados. Las consultas pueden dirigirse al coordinador del Título IX o al coordinador del Título II de la Sección 504 / ADA en 301 E. Combs Rd., San Tan Valley, AZ 85140 o (480) 987-5300.
Thursday, June 11, 2020 12:00 AM
(Pacific Standard Time)