Freedom Financial Network
Tempe, AZ, United States
Consolidation Plus Underwriter
The Consolidation Plus Underwriter I (C+ Underwriter) is responsible for timely evaluation of Consolidation Plus loan applications and supporting documentation to make a prudent decision on the loan. Decision includes approving as submitted, denying, or requesting additional information needed to render the decision.
The C+ Underwriter will assess the credit worthiness of an application by evaluating debt to income ratios, net disposable income ratios, credit history, model score, bank statements, income documentation, and any other pertinent factors.
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly goals pertaining to productivity set by Management.
- Meet Quality standards by maintaining a 90%+ average on Quality Control reviews of files worked.
- Follow Credit Policy to decision Consolidation Plus loans.
- Be available and willing to answer questions from internal partners or co-workers as needed with a helpful, positive demeanor.
- Ensure understanding of tools and systems such as credit model, income calculator, Salesforce and Lapstone.
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance standards.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform outbound calls to clients related to clarification of loan application or to communicate denial decision.
- Adhere to prepared scripts/guidelines when speaking clients.
- Ensure all clients personal financial data is stored and disposed of in accordance with department standards as well as local, state and/or federal requirements.
- Minimum of 1-3 years underwriting experience. Prefer some unsecured lending experience.
- Experienced working with financial instruments including credit reports, paystubs, tax returns, bank statement analysis.
- Must be customer focused, service minded and detail orientated.
- Proficient working with computers including Microsoft product line and windows based applications.
- Ability to work varied hours / flexible schedule.
- Some college. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Strong English communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal).
- Ability to successfully multi-task and independently prioritize tasks according to department goals and objectives.
- Adaptive and flexible - must have tolerance for change.
- Must be able to earn signing authority within 60-90 days of position start.
CULTURAL FIT (Our Core Values):
- Care (for everyone): We show compassion and contribute to the well-being and growth of those around us. We only pursue products that improve the financial lives of our clients.
- Act with Integrity (every time): We take the right action even when it is hard and even when no one is watching. We treat our employees, clients, and communities the way they wish to be treated.
- Get Better (every day): We innovate, iterate, and improve each day. We are creative, take thoughtful risks, and ultimately learn and recover from failures.
- Collaborate (with everybody): We strive to work together toward a common purpose by proactively sharing information and inviting participation. We recognize the perspective of various groups and embrace healthy, constructive debate.
WHY JOIN THE FREEDOM FAMILY?
- Hourly base + competitive bonus incentives
- No shift bidding
- Fast, continued growth - theres a lot of opportunity for advancement
- Voted a Best Place to Work multiple times by our employees, most recently #1 in Phoenix for the 2ndyear in a row!
- Benefits start within 30 days
- 401k with employer match
- 2 weeks paid vacation (increased with tenure)
- Paid time off for volunteer work and on your birthday
Freedom Financial Network is a leading digital personal finance company, built to help people. We do what traditional banks dont: Put people first. We believe in treating people like humans, not account numbers. We help everyday people get on, and stay on, the path to a brighter financial future, with innovative technology and personalized support at every step. We help people control expenses, manage debt, save money, plan ahead, and make better financial decisions. By leveraging our proprietary data and analytics and artificial intelligence we offer solutions tailored for each step of a consumer's financial journey, including personal loans, home equity loans, help with debt, and even financial tools and education.
With 2,400 employees across California, Arizona and Texas, we have served more than 1 million customers, resolved more than $15 billion in consumer debt and originated $6.5 billion in loans over the course of our 20 years in business.
Driven by our core values, were passionate about supporting our communities and proudly awarded over $500,000 in grants distributed by the Freedom Foundation Fund and the Freedom Family Fund in 2021. We believe in a culture led by diversity, equity, and inclusion, and encourage our employees to bring their full selves to work every day. Our diversity-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are open to all, whether a member of the ERG community or an ally of the group and we are a member of the Fintech Racial Equity Coalition to address and improve inequality in the fintech industry.
And finally, we take great pride in our achievements. This year we topped the list of Best Place to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal, were a top 100 Corporate Philanthropist by the San Francisco Business Times, a 2021 Most Admired Company and a Tech Company with the Best Company Culture by BestCompaniesAz, a 2021 Top Work Places winner by AZcentral and a BuiltIn Best Places to Work winner, to name a few.