Construction Customer Service Representative
Job Description SummaryAs a Customer Service Representative working for Taylor Morrison you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service in the field, directly with customers and trade partners. This position is not an office position, but rather a position that entails working in the field with superintendents, trade contractors, and face to face with customers. Expectations will include a mixture of customer service, computer skills, as well as working with your hands.
We trust that as a Customer Service Rep II you will: (responsibilities)
- Become proficient in scheduling through construction software program Buildpro
- Conduct Taylor Morrison procedures for home inspections and warranty work
- Demonstrate the highest level of knowledge and customer satisfaction as the primary contact for our customers when they have warranty issues
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Taylor Morrison Warranty Program and Homeowner Maintenance requirements
- Provide a high level of service to our customers and service representatives using guidelines established in Taylor Morrisons Warranty Program
- Input and dissemination of warranty tickets and home inspections into Buildpro as well as distribute to appropriate contractors for completion
- Manage all escalated customer calls and in person visits to include documentation, follow-up, and work to assure closure on every claim
- Administer Taylor Morrisons Warranty to include claim analysis, follow-up, and work to assure closure on every claim
- Provide weekly tracking of all outstanding warranty work orders to the field and update as required utilizing excel
- Complete customer service requests timely and accurately while providing optimal customer service
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned
- Provide minor repairs by hand such as adjustments and general home repairs
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Customer Service Focused
- Extremely Organized
- Team Player
- High School Graduate and have a minimum of 3 years of current or recent experience in a customer service-related position with 1-2 years experience in residential construction is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to ensure customer satisfaction
- Computer skills and ability to adapt to company systems
- Possess time management skills
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to multi-task and remain focused
- Ability to maintain calm in a high stress environment
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Will have responsibilities such as:
- This position is considered a non-exempt position for purposes of wage-hour law, which means that you will be required to keep a time record and will be eligible for overtime pay.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers and higher level manager
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle if applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
*Taylor Morrison experience and/or successful completion of training program may override required education and/or experience requirement.
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.