Dallas, TX, United States
Construction Project Manager
Project Manager-Private Sector - BlueTeamWe are...BlueTeam is a U.S. based service provider specializing in commercial restoration, construction and roofing - both domestic and international - and our clients are the worlds premier commercial portfolio owners and operators.
We are a turnkey provider for portfolio managers, owners, asset managers and operators, and we continue to grow our services to meet our clients needs. Our continued expansion of services, unrelenting project performance and transparent billing practices have allowed BlueTeam to become and remain an industry leader for clients in the hospitality, senior care, multi-family, industrial and other commercial property sectors.
As Construction Project Manager, you will be responsible for providing operational execution and expertise to assigned restoration and reconstruction projects from inception through warranty. This role will also maintain excellent client relationships to ensure BlueTeam is always the clients first choice for restoration and reconstruction services.
What youll do....
- Prepare scopes and estimates, for both restoration and reconstruction for projects in assigned region or others as projects are sold or assigned.
- Works through the process of identifying and communicating with the clients risk manager and insurance adjustor/consultant to settle the contract amount.
- Direct the restoration and construction project teams, ensuring and delivering appropriate project expectations.
- Financial Management including monitoring project scope and budget; including but not limited to; maintaining project profitability, sourcing, reviewing and submitting work orders and purchase orders, reviewing and approving or rejecting subcontractor billings.
- Produce project billings accurately and timely.
- Timely identify, document and submit change orders, work with project team to ensure all change orders are timely submitted and approved by clients before any work is performed.
- Solicit, onboard and maintain subcontractor relationships
- Monitor subcontractors and vendor costs to ensure proper performance of scope and price.
- Fully responsible to ensure that assigned projects maintain the proper level of staffing and equipment, i.e., frequently visit during restoration activities and as necessary during construction activities.
- Prepare pre-construction kick-off meeting.
- As first line of response, the PM must respond in a timely manner on all losses or projects.
What youll need...
- Minimum of Five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in sales, restoration, or construction.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience using Xactimate.
- Budgeting, buyout and construction finance experiences.
- Negotiation capabilities.
- Possess demonstrated skill of developing and maintaining business relationships.
- Have a high level of drive and stamina necessary to see things through to their conclusion.
- Strong ability to forge solid internal and external working relationships.
- Desire and commitment to establish a partnering and trusting relationships with internal and external people.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain corporate strategies and schedules for meeting goals and anticipate obstacles to goal attainment.
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead, monitor own and others progress and adjust when necessary.
- Required knowledge in general contracting, architecture, engineering or the commercial real estate industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, follow-up and negotiation skills.
- Must be computer proficient, including experience using MS Outlook, Word, and Excel and Xactimate Estimating Software. CRM database proficiency is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks by established deadlines; demonstrated discipline in using time management tools and techniques.
- Team player, willing to share information and leads across the enterprise
- Conduct job walks, visits job sites, attend client site meetings, as required.
- Must be open to business travel.
What youll get in return...
- Competitive Salary.
- Full range of Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Supplemental and Voluntary Life Insurance, 401(K) with Employer Match and Paid Time Off (PTO).