**Commutable to Cumberland RI, Hartford, CT or Northbrook, IL**
Hours: 8:30am - 5pm
As an Enterprise Procurement Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the CVS Health enterprise in drafting, negotiating, and finalizing IT and Non-IT deals and contractual documents for the purchase of all categories and commodities of non-merchandise goods and services. This is not a pricing sourcing position.
You will perform these tasks in accordance with corporate contract and purchasing policies. In this role, you will also lead and/or represent Enterprise Procurement on project teams that include or report to CVS senior leadership and are tasked with facilitating enterprise-wide strategic initiative projects, communicating and enforcing both internally and externally CVS policy as well as regulatory requirements, meeting and exceeding business goals, supporting supplier diversity among CVS vendors and within the enterprise, and supporting CVS growth strategy by leading supplier integration efforts related to CVS mergers and acquisition transactions driving CVS growth and synergy opportunities.
As an Enterprise Procurement Contracts Manager, you will:
* Negotiate all key terms of a variety of contract documents, including but not limited to Legal and business terms to provide the appropriate level of risk mitigation as well as value for the enterprise.
* Draft, prepare and review contract documents in accordance with established company policies and procedures designed to minimize potential exposure while maximizing benefits.
* Analyze all contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedures and requirements.
* Perform work on special projects as assigned by management with direct line of sight to senior leadership. Implement change and lead larger projects by managing larger group of Contract Analysts to effectuate progress for highly visible engagements.
* Effectively communicate the importance and intent of all required terms and conditions to both internal and external stakeholders which is crucial to success in this role.
* Regularly communicate with internal team members and business partners to draft and negotiate pertinent provisions and accurately memorialize specific terms and conditions into appropriate scopes of work, service level agreements, financial incentives, turn-around-times or similar documents.
* Interact consistently with key CVS subject matter experts from areas such as Legal, Sourcing (both IT and Non-IT), Global Security, Information Governance, Risk Management, Privacy, Tax, various Finance areas i.e. IT Finance, FP&A, External Reporting among others) to ensure all current policies and procedures are reflected in contract documents and vendor communications.
* Partner with Sourcing colleagues to support development of RFP requests by providing the necessary contractual documentation for participants to review as components of the exercise. Answer questions posed by participants legal counsel in the course of RFP negotiations and ensure problematic provisions are introduced to business leaders as key focal points of internal consideration when determining awards.
* Act as the key point of contact and communication between Legal, finance, senior leadership, and business teams as well as the vendor concerning status and resolution of escalated contract issues and disputes that cannot be resolved at the Negotiator level.
* Mentor and guide staff where appropriate to drive continuous improvement. Actively support the development of individuals and the team through appraisal, development planning coaching and mentoring.
* Collaborate with other staff to maintain Enterprise Procurement Process Manual and templates: manages changes to the current Enterprise Procurement Process Manual and templates working directly with other internal stakeholders as necessary.
* Accurately and comprehensively identify contractual risks and associated dangers (e.g,, limitation of liability, waiver of consequential damages, etc.) for purposes of escalation to Senior Leadership to properly investigate and advise various levels of CVS management on contractual issues thoroughly.
* Work with various areas of the company Legal, Sourcing (both IT and Non-IT), Information Technology Security Team, Risk Management Dept., Privacy Legal Team, Vendor Assessment Team, Compliance Dept., Internal Audit Dept., Tax Dept., various Finance areas i.e. IT Finance, FP&A, External Reporting to discuss new developments warranting inclusion in contract templates. Lead discussions and revisions to contract language reflecting new requirements and finalize new contract template documents through appropriate internal subject matter experts.
* Routinely participate in presentations, webinars and roundtable discussions to engage and educate business departments enterprise-wide to promote compliance with Corporate Purchasing and Contracts Policies.
* Demonstrate established proficiency utilizing all evolving technological tools (e.g., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP/Ariba Procure to Pay Suite of Applications i.e. eSourcing, Ariba Contract Management and Ariba Buyer, Skype for Business, Level 3 Webex etc.) to streamline daily tasks and communications.
* Act as a subject matter expert when presenting to Senior Leadership on complex deal concepts and non-standard provisions requiring executive approval.
* Act as initial liaison with business units in compliance efforts to enforce adherence to Corporate Contract and Purchasing policies.
* Manage multiple high visibility, high priority contracts/projects on a regular basis and closeout a variety of initiatives expeditiously with minimal oversight
* Work both independently/autonomously and as part of a team to identify and analyze unique contractual relationships and craft terms to best fit the business relationship and protect CVS.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks & high volume of contractual negotiations simultaneously
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- 5+ years of experience working in a contracts support environment
- 3+ years of experience drafting and negotiating complex contractual documents, memorandum, terms and conditions
- 3+ years of professional experience and knowledge advising senior leaders/executives on contract law and risks and how these issues impact the contracting process
- Experience within the Retail and/or Healthcare industries
- Experience with Ariba Contract Management
- A legal degree or degree in contract administration, public administration, business management
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (C.P.P.O), Certified Federal Contracts Manager (C.F.C.M.), Certified Professional Contracts Manager (C.P.C.M.) designations
- MBA or JD
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required
- Masters degree and/or JD are highly preferred
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.