Control Room Pharmacy Floor Technician- 2nd shift Full Time
Performs compliance tasks and the related activities in support of the DEA and controlled medication dispensing process.
* Fill all Narcotic prescriptions for all facilities as directed (inclusive of all controlled STAT labels/prescriptions)
* Responsible for checking perpetual inventory and accuracy
* Responsible for returns of Narcotics Room prescriptions, have cleared before returning to inventory or discard as instructed
* Check all orders for accuracy, log into correct books, in appropriate drugs received or discrepancies checked thru PIC
* Handles inventory, responsible for all reports, discrepancies and missing product
* Responsible for re-packaging of drugs for workload
* Responsible for all copies of documents necessary to keep Narcotics Room compliant with all DEA and Federal laws and regulations
* Responsible for maintaining Narcotics Room cleanliness and compliance
* Assist Picking Technicians as needed when additional help is required on the floor
* Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
* Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location
Pharmacy Technician Registration required in the Stat of CT. * Knowledge of and experience with controlled drug packaging procedures is required
* Knowledge of DEA and Federal laws for CII - CV prescriptions is required
Fluent in all aspects of the English Language. * Good oral communication skills
* Ability to have strong communication with Dispensing Pharmacists
* Ability to effectively communicate with employees, facility staff members, and others within organization
* Ability to write routine correspondence and reports
* Knowledge of basic math skills is required.
* Excellent skills in usage of fax machine, computer software, copier, and word-processing
High Schoold Diploma or equivalent
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.