ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create and maintain group files; build room blocks per contract
- Accurately maintain room inventory from LMS to Delphi and navigate Delphi to retrieve group information when needed; perform routine audits to ensure accuracy of group rooms in LMS and Delphi
- Communicate with group contacts(email, phone and in person), Convention Manager, and Sales Managers as it relates to cut-off dates, inventory concerns, availability, suite assignments, arrival times, VIP's, rooming list, and pick-up reports
- Accurately input all rooming lists and reservations in a timely and efficient manner based on contract per client and per request.
- To be familiar with all hotel information necessary to actively promote upgrades, including rate structure, room types and outlet hours of operation.
- To understand LMS functions as it relates to creating specific packages, group billing, special requests, bed types, shares, and inventory controls.
- With the support of the Convention Manager and Finance, will assure billing is set up for group/event. Assures deposits are posted and credit is established. Assures billing is accurate and collected in conjunction with accounting.
- Closing out all billing and collecting paying for all events at post event date. Finalizing bill with creating invoices after each contract.
- Create invoices on F&B and Rooms estimate pre and post conventions/contracts.
- Accurately ensure that all special billing is set up correctly for all group guests, ensure rebates and commissions are accurately submitted through Comp Concession & Final Block Report.
- Be an active member of the Hotel Yield Group; able to articulate group booking patterns; history and provide recommendations for each group, maintain and distribute a weekly pick up report to the yield group
- Produce cut-off reports on a weekly basis.
- Effectively manage inventory which maximizes property interest according to contract sent in by corporate.
- Understand and respond to all group guests needs in a professional and effective manner, works to insure that "special requests" of the guests are properly handled. Execute all concession per contract and sending out reminders and calendar invites.
- Participate in all scheduled pre-arrival group meetings
- Be familiar with the workings of reservations, sales, convention service office and to understand how they interface with group rooms.
- Submit all necessary emails and documents for all comp concession per contract. Such as diamond upgrades, vouchers, coupons, printing, amenities, notecards, signage and Final Block Reports
- Handling of all Shipping and Receiving of all exhibits items for conferences. Post shipping charges to Banquet.
- To understanding reporting in Salesforce/Delphi to send out upcoming events and group reports weekly to Ops team. checking group sales line, and reporting actual vs. forecasted revenue monthly.
- Designate meetings with Hotel, Events, and Banquet team on groups/events
- Create & Update Calendar of Events
- Credit Card Authorization Forms, posting deposit and Transfer in Delphi and LMS
- Filing all event details electronically post event
- Design and printing of all Marketing material for events and Room Block including eBoard
- Create diagrams, design orders, and execute on all internal request for Banquet Events.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Stays up to date and complies with all hotel policies; assist Hotel Rooms Controller efforts when requested
- Investigate and ensure proper billing for any group no-shows
- Participate in the continued development of the Group Coordinator position
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of four years in Hotel Front Office with master account settlement experience and LMS proficiency or other hotel reservation system
- Three years Banquet/Catering experience with a minimum one year in a supervisory role
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Literate and fluent in English
- Excellent clerical, communication and guest service skills
- Flexibility to meet the various schedules of the Convention Center functions needs
- Computer literate
- Above average organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Must be able to maneuver inside assigned bar area in the casino.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work inside with potential exposure to guests who use tobacco products and continuously maneuver in and around throughout the property.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, twist, kneel, crouch, push, and pull when necessary; sit, walk, stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to handle more than one function at a time by being well-organized and attentive to details.
- Must fully understand standards of position as management may direct.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).