Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Work Location: Phoenix, AZ
To prepare and cook meals for Elderly center participants according to menus approved by registered dietician.
Supervise the activities of one or more helpers who assist in the preparation and serving of meals
Must have a valid Maricopa County Health Card, High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent.
At least 2 years experience in preparing menus and cooking large quantities of food. Must have dependable transportation. Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Purchase food products, cooking supplies, etc. Conduct weekly cost comparisons, so the most economical ingredients are bought.
- Maintains monthly inventories of food items left on hand.
- Maintains accurate records as to the food used to prepare a meal, meal temperatures and packaging of home delivered meals.
- Prepare and cook meals as outlined on menus, however, must use leftovers and continue to meet the meal pattern.
- Responsible for kitchen cleanup
- Responsible for maintaining any additional reports pertaining to food service operation
- Responsible for training P.S.E. personnel in quantity food preparation.
- May assist the Director in any manner necessary to accomplish goals and objectives for Elderly Center.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the ____________________. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.