Community College of Allegheny County
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Coordinator Student Accounts / Business Assistant (Reg FT)
Coordinator Student Accounts/Business Assistant (Reg FT)
Position Title: Coordinator Student Accounts/Business Assistant (Reg FT)
Department: Business Office
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than April 21, 2023. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Remote Work Option: Fully In-Person
Salary Grade: Admin 14 - $52,697
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5895
Job Open Date: 4/6/2023
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Assists the campus Dean of Administration with daily operations of campus support services including the business office, student accounts and office services.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in accounting, information technology, business management or related field and a minimum of three years experience. Thorough understanding of accounting related to student accounts. Ability to analyze a software package and use or redesign it in the most effective manner. Good objective and critical problem solving skills. Keen sense of fairness in dealing with students as well as the ability to tactfully communicate with students.
1. Supervises and directs student account activity.
2. Develops and implements accounting, collection and deposit procedures.
3. Coordinates and controls third party billings.
4. Analyzes and adjusts student accounts; investigates and resolves problem accounts.
5. Approves or disapproves student appeals; processes approved appeals.
6. Enforces College policies and procedures concerning adequate control of cash transactions including collection, security, deposit activities and accountability.
7. Responsible for collection and deposit of revenue including student payments, non-student payments, library receipts, student activity funds, event income and bookstore receipts.
8. Processes student refunds related to financial aid, cancelled/dropped classes and loans.
9. Researches and responds to refund inquiries.
10. Supervises billing of outstanding accounts; notifies students and holds grades/services until payments are received.
11. Supervises reconciliation of daily collection and deposit reports.
12. Works with campus personnel, faculty and administrators to promote coordination of efforts to assists students and enhance customer satisfaction.
13. Manages Schedule 25 and Resource 25 for academic and non-academic divisions; troubleshoots room conflicts on campus, competing priorities and campus space delegation processes.
14. Maintains and updates space and organization records.
15. Maintains space relationships, blackouts, assignment policies and notification policies.
16. Coordinates external community events and rentals.
17. Performs annual room audits to ensure system data equates to physical data.
18. Supervises the daily operations of mailroom, shipping and receiving, duplication, timekeeping and telephone services.
19. Keeps the Dean of Administration informed of problems and changes.
20. Maintains high level of hands on control activities by working with faculty, staff and administration in the processing and coding of purchase requisitions, developing and maintaining queries to avert problems of room capacity not meeting physical needs and reconciling student, third party and daycare accounts on a bi-weekly and annual basis via existing reports.
21. Recruits staff and makes hiring recommendations ensuring compliance with bargaining agreement; participates in staff training, supervision, discipline, evaluation and scheduling.
22. Performs other duties as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/4200710
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.