Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Provides general mental health and substance abuse treatment and recovery support in a residential setting. Responsible for coordinating and providing direct support services for all the clients, and their families in the substance abuse treatment program at Corazon, in partnership with clinical guidance from the Clinical Lead or Program Director. Becomes the first point of contact for all entities involved in the clients care. Facilitator of clients informed consent, treatment planning and goals, and discharge planning.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or other related field. Licensed by the AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners, or ability to become licensed within 6 months of hire.
- Experience in working in a substance abuse treatment setting; residential treatment experience a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate experience with providing assessment, diagnosing and counseling.
- Knowledge and understanding in general mental health, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and serious mental illness.
- Possess a valid drivers license and ability to be insured under automobile insurance policy.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed per program requirements, to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must successfully complete the agencys orientation and demonstrate competence regarding skills and knowledge per R9-20-204.
- Must be responsible and reliable
- Must be capable of dealing with crisis situations.
- Must conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a drug test upon hire and adhere to the CPLC chemical use policy.
- Must have or obtain within 30 days of hire: CPR/First Aid Certification, CPI certification, AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card, current TB test.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Possess an Arizona Drivers license, vehicle insurance and ability to be covered under CPLCs policy.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Participate in a multi-disciplinary team in providing treatment for clients.
- Communicate with and coordinate services with other treatment providers when appropriate.
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings.
- To Schedule staffing for primary clients, as needed.
- Manage and monitor individually assigned caseloads.
- Accurately documents progress notes same day as service, not to exceed 24 hours; crisis documentation completed same day as service.
- Follow-up to service commitments, engagement, re-engagement for missed appointments, letters of intent, welfare checks, and appropriate discharge functions completed within required time periods.
- Maintains and monitors caseload statistical information, including presenting issues, length of stay, and outcome measures when assigned.
To be available for shift coverage and crisis resolution.
- To share in weekend and holiday coverage as scheduled.
- To coordinate additional community treatment services, as needed.
Educate adult individuals and their families.
- Ability to demonstrate education and verbalization of information in a culturally competent and sensitive manner.
- Working knowledge of lifespan development.
- Working knowledge of harm reduction models.
- Ability to provide illness self-management education for initial, ongoing and discharge transitions.
- Knowledge of various substance abuse treatment and recovery models.
Performs Clinical Record Reviews.
- Understanding of all licensing, regulatory and agency guidelines.
- Document significant information in each file in a clear and timely manner.
- Provides appropriate feedback.
Assist in working with clients with medication and case management services.
- Consults and coordinates with prescriber, prescriber liaison, laboratories, medical providers, pharmacies, and assists with eligibility and access to prescription services when needed.
- Consults on initial and ongoing psychiatric evaluation requests.
Achieve assigned weekly/monthly productivity expectations.
- Know and match individually assigned productivity value amounts on a weekly basis, as set for the position, throughout the fiscal year.
- Monitor appropriate productivity needs, variables, and opportunities.
Provide individual/family counseling and can facilitate groups. Engage clients, their families, and their community supports in treatment, provide illness self-management education, and coordinate services with referral sources and discharge planning.
- Coordinates and conducts group functions and facilitates cohesiveness in its entirety that demonstrates improvement in a clients/familys symptoms and functioning level.
- Demonstrates ability to de-escalate and de-brief disruptions to group and /or family content and process.
- Ability to assist clients to learn skills required to successfully engender psychological stability and personal independence.
Works with individual that present with a range of behavioral health presentations, including co-occurring disorders.
- Recognize symptoms to the full and broad range of DSM diagnoses.
- Ability to provide routine, urgent, and emergent interventions.
- Application and integration of American Society of Addiction Medicine criteria in service planning and implementation.
- Ability to apply motivational enhancement, stages of change, family systems, and appropriate family communication process.
- Ability to understand and screen for serious mental illness, and complete requests for determination.
Responsible for maintaining and coordinating service plan development and updates, when applicable.
- Integrate needs identified in assessment with service plan development and review.
- Evidence of client participation in service plan development.
- Evidence of stakeholder participation in service plan development.
- Accurate and timely completion of service plan/review.
Performs comprehensive intake and ongoing assessments.
- Accurate documents the assessment service, including assessment tools and progress notation.
- Assessment information includes individual and family voice and participation, informed consent, and integrated into initial and ongoing treatment planning.
- Conducts ongoing assessment, documents functional and symptomatic improvement, cultural values, crisis planning, functional family assessment, and addenda.
Facilitate and coordinate group therapy process.
- Able to promote individual/family culture.
- Knowledge and ability to effectively engage adults in process and maintain safety and cohesiveness.
- Knowledge and understanding of group therapy models and stages
- Utilizes informed consent in interventions, understands and is able to apply the value and limitation of didactic approaches.
- Collaborates, coordinates, and consults with other involved service providers and treatment team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels.
Flexibility with work schedule to accommodate a facility that operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Clinical Lead. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.