Steward Medical Group
COVID Vaccine Call Center Agent
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
The SMG Covid Vaccine Call Center Agent will appropriately gather required information from patients and schedule appointments for vaccines. This position will also perform other duties as required by the manager.
- Answer patient telephone calls coming into the Vaccine Call Center using defined protocols and obtain necessary and required information from the patient in order to process the call.
- Call Center Agents will determine the patients eligibility for the vaccine.
- Have knowledge of each vaccine clinic.
- Responsible for timely, efficient and accurate documentation in the electronic medical record.
- Interact with Practice staff and providers to communicate and work cooperatively regarding patient care and coordination.
- Provide patients with World Class service.
- Act in a professional manner and treat patients, co-workers, and leadership with respect always.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associates degree or relevant work experience preferred but not required.
- Experience: Call Center experience in a health care setting preferred but not necessary.
- Knowledge of health care and or related products, medical terminology, insurance products, and coordination of benefits.
- Ability to evaluate situations and escalate issues appropriately.
- Ability to bring tasks to completion in a manner satisfactory to all.
- Ability to communicate with others effectively in a concise manner, to bring issues effectively to a resolution.
- Ability to multitask, and ability to follow through with our patients.
- Prior experience with Athena preferred.
- Experience with Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Organizational, time management skills.
- Ability to think globally about the patient experience.
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills. Creative, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Ability to relate positively with patients.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.