La Frontera EMPACT
Tempe, AZ, United States
La Frontera EMPACT-SPC (Suicide Prevention Center), a member agency of La Frontera Arizona, is an industry leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
**Sign-on incentives offered up to $5000 (amount varies with position)**
This is a great opportunity for a Crisis Specialist to join our dynamic team. In this position, you will provide crisis services. The job responsibilities will include but are not limited to responding to crisis calls, completing crisis intervention for ongoing clients, case management and coordination of care, as well as interfacing with first responders. Services will be provided according to training, experience, and certification as assigned. This position will require an individual with skills in working in a high paced environment in a Crisis setting.
Work Schedule: Four 10 hour work days per week (Multiple shifts available).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide direct in-home, in-office, in school and community based crisis services. These services will include but not be limited to crisis intervention and de-escalation, transportation, maintaining or establishing community stabilization, client support and/or supervision, parenting training, behavior management training and assistance, and provision and assistance in accessing appropriate community referrals.
- Ensure quality service delivery including clinical care and all associated documentation. Maintain all client records in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Provide comprehensive services to clients and assist in coordinating communication with other departments of the agency to accomplish continuity of care. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all related state, community behavioral health, and contracting organizations.
- Comply with the agency's standard of care for service delivery. Assist with Quality Management and Utilization Review as needed.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner at all times; provide support for team members and perform cooperatively and professionally as part of a cohesive team.
- Will be required to oversee everyday functioning of department vehicles and to immediately report incidents involving damage or theft. May be required to do basic safety checks on vehicles (oil, tire air pressure, etc.).
- Will be required at times to work in potentially volatile situations and to react in a professional manner to crisis situations regardless of the nature of the environment or circumstances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position receives a differential in pay, which is specific to this position only. The stated responsibilities accompany the position and the high-risk nature of the account for the differential.
- Will be required to be flexible in terms of shift location and to change location if requested at the beginning of the shift to better meet the needs of the department.
- May be required to use "down time" for special projects to benefit Crisis and/or other departments within the agency.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings, even if they fall outside of the regularly scheduled shift. Evening and night hours may be required. Receive supervision each month from a Master's level clinical coordinator. If department meetings or scheduled supervision is missed because of a crisis call, the specialist is required to reschedule the meeting to assure that all supervision requirements are met.
- Will be required to work beyond his/her shift with no advanced warning if the crisis situation warrants or if required paperwork is not complete at the end of the shift. The Department Manager or Director of Programs must approve overtime associated with staying over shift.
- May be required to use own personal vehicle if agency van is out of service or is unavailable. However, will not be required to transport clients in own vehicle.
- Assist in providing guidance to new staff or Interns for intervention, documentation, and process flow
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or a directly related field Plus 1 yr of Behavioral Health experience OR the qualifications to meet BHT level requirements
- Experience in Crisis Services, Outpatient Services or Community Outreach is preferred. Special consideration given to those who have experience in sub-acute or urgent psychiatric settings.
- Flexible to extend work shift to complete crisis work, paperwork, etc. as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in stressful situations and collaborate/work in a team environment.
- Spanish/English bilingual preferred. ***Bilingual Differential Pay per hour***
- Must possess valid AZ Driver's license with no major infractions for the past 39 months.
- Fingerprint clearance card required or eligibility to obtain one.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPCs liability insurance carrier is required. Out of state applicants must provide a 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.