Denver Public Schools
Denver, CO, United States
Denver Public Schools, the largest district in Colorado is now hiring Full-Time Custodians.
There are opportunities available at various locations throughout Denver. Assignments are based on applicant address and job openings available at the time of hire.
Pay is $18/hr.
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Custodians work under the direction of the Facility Manager and/or Assistant Facility Manager, cleaning the facility and performing grounds work in accordance with DPS guidelines. They may perform minor maintenance activities on facilities and equipment.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
Must receive a passing score (8th grade and above) on reading test administered by Denver Public Schools. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion/passing of a housekeeping course offered by Denver Public Schools. The course is 20 hours over the course of 3-5 business days and is held during normal business hours.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• All shifts for this posting are full-time, 8-hr positions.
• Traditional 245 work days per year – CWOA
• Work week is usually Monday–Friday with some Tuesday–Saturday schedules available.
• Shifts are usually 12:30pm–9pm in elementary schools. K-8 and secondary schools are 1:30pm–10pm or 2:30pm–11pm. Occasional day shifts are available but most shifts are in the afternoon/evening.
• Hours during school breaks can be earlier at some sites; however, accommodations can be made if applicants require year-round evening hours.
The Custodial Operations Division is an essential component in supporting the educational mission of DPS. Our team provides the essential elements necessary to maintain a safe, clean, and functional environment for every student, staff, and community member. We demonstrate and seek a wide variety of skilled individuals with leadership, organizational, problem solving, mechanical, and detail orientated characteristics.
The potential for career advancement within our division is ample; we provide and support training in all aspects of operations. Custodial Operations strives to develop our employees to become next-generation managers and leaders. Join our team and become a member of a respected support division that prides itself in quality and commitment.
Apply today and join the DPS Team!
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.