Page Unified School District
Posted 26 days ago
Openings as of 7/7/2020
- Custodian Daytime JobID: 779
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Unitl Filled
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Ability to work alone with supervision.
- Methods and materials used in custodial maintenance.
- Proper cleaning methods, and the safe usage of cleaning materials, disinfectants, custodial tools and equipment.
- Procedures for the preparation and use of cleaning materials. Use and minor maintenance of hand and power tools and equipment used in custodial and maintenance work.
- Safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the work.
- Ability to perform light maintenance worker duties.
- Ensures that custodial services meet the needs of all facility buildings by scheduling work activities and adjusting workloads to compensate for scheduled and unscheduled absences, changing priorities, school events and special custodial projects.
- Making sure staff is supplied with materials and supplies need to complete duties.
- Performs daily custodial/ maintenance duties as needed in support of the departmental mission including services under emergency conditions or unique circumstances.
- Remains competent and current by attending training and /or course required by the immediate supervisor.
- Meets with School Supervisors to insure cleaning expectations are met.
- Carry cell phone/portable radio to maintain work place communication.
- Must be available on call, to respond to emergency calls and other site situations that may arise and assist with needed help.
- Corresponds with Facility Director for support, updates and duties.
- Report needs for repair and maintenance of facilities.
- Assist in securing the buildings.
- Ensure that power cleaning equipment is maintained in proper working order
- The district reserves the right to amend this job description as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Director.
- High School diploma
- Good physical condition and neat appearance
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completion of tasks assigned
- Literacy in the English language and able to communicate verbally, Navajo preferred
Four (4) Positions Avalible
Classified Level 2 ($12.50 - $12.93)
Education & Experience:
Terms of Employment:
11 month, full time position, 1 year.
Annually by the Facilities Director