Louisville, KY, United States
Customer Service Advocate
KnipperHealth is a highly profitable, rapidly growing company that is competitively unique and nimble in service solutions. We are hiring Multiple Customer Service Advocates for our Louisville and Southern Indiana locations.
***We offer incredibly competitive pay and benefits that start on your first day of employment.***
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00/hr – Pay based on experience.
Things you can expect within your first 90 days:
• Zero time waiting for benefits
• Welcoming team with a great culture
• Classroom and on-the-job training
• 30/60/90 check-ins with leadership team
• Educational Assistance Opportunities
The Customer Service Advocate supports enrollment process, patients and healthcare providers in accessing coverage for their prescribed medications through inbound and outbound telephone support, as well as administrative functions.
- Support inbound and outbound phone lines for the pharmacy or PAP program
- Answer calls, emails and/or other requests from patients and/or healthcare providers while meeting or exceeding service level goals
- Able to balance priorities, working with team members, between inbound calls, responding to inbound email requests and making outbound calls to messages left on voicemail
- Accurately and completely capture information and update systems appropriately
- Be flexible, organized and able to comply with constantly changing program business rules
- Investigate issues that cannot be resolved at the time of the initial call and follow through until issue resolution
- Provide first call resolution where possible. Demonstrate the ability to triage or escalate calls when first call resolution cannot be performed to the patient’s satisfaction.
- Provide availability, tracking and shipping information for patient’s medication as needed
- Review and process patients’ enrollment forms to the Patient Assistance Program (PAP)
- Assist patients on the phone with PAP program enrollment by verifying the pre-screening and qualifying tasks.
- Notify patients and healthcare providers of approvals, denials, and any next steps needed to continue the enrollment process
- Schedule treatments to be sent to the patient or patient’s healthcare provider
- Communicate daily with patient/authorized representative on eligibility based on PAP criteria and healthcare providers to manage expectations.
- Contact patient/authorized representative to determine supplementary information needed to enroll into the manufacturer’s PAP program.
- Prioritize workload to ensure patients’ enrollments are processed within specified timeframe
- Explain the PAP program and services to patients, authorized representatives, healthcare providers and physician’s office staff.
- Respond to program inquiries from patients, authorized representatives, healthcare providers, patient advocates and caregivers in a prompt, courteous and professional manner ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Report adverse events/product complaint inquires received in accordance with standard operating procedures and current good manufacturer practices.
- Execute day-to-day operations specific to the assigned program(s).
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
The above duties are meant to be representative of the position and not all-inclusive.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of work experience in a customer service or customer focused role
- Must have proven ability to provide consistently high-quality of service
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree or technical school training in a related field
- One (1) year of work experience in pharmacy, managed care, Medicaid and/or Medicare organizations, pharmaceutical and/or biotech manufacturer, insurance, medical office, or related field
- Experience with HIPAA and patient services
- Bi-lingual, English and Spanish
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated empathy and compassion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and detail oriented
- Balance multiple priorities to meet expected response deadlines
- Adaptable, flexible and readily adjust to changing situations
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to comprehend and apply basic math principles
- Ability to apply logical thinking when evaluating practical problems
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from stakeholders
- Ability to interact with a diverse group
- Ability to listen and demonstrate a high degree of empathy
- Demonstrated computer skills includes Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Display tact and diplomacy in response to unfavorable or negative situations
- Demonstrated sensitivity and understanding when speaking with patients
- Demonstrated passion for speaking with people in an outgoing way
- Location of job activities 100% inside
- Extensive manual dexterity (keyboarding, mouse, phone)
- Constant use of phone for communication
- Noise and/or vibrations exposure
- Frequently reach (overhead), handle, and feel with hands and arms
- Sit for prolonged periods of time
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Occasionally lift, carry, and move up to 25 pounds
Thank you for your interest in working with Knipper Health. Apply with us today by completing the “Quick Apply” form, attach your most up to date resume and/or apply online.
We look forward to hearing from you!