Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Colorado Springs, CO
Customer Service Center Agent I - Part Time
|Title:||Customer Service Center Agent I - Part Time|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Administrative / Clerical / Skill Trades|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 26 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong Hospitality culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves more than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Compensation (Pay): $13.61 to $15.66 based on experience.
Summary of Benefits: https://www.peakvista.org/careers/employee-benefits-guide
Responsible for providing excellent, compassionate and empathetic customer service to each unique individual calling Peak Vista through one-call resolution. Must have Empathy and compassion, patience, ability to listen with understanding, and ability to adapt to change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lives by Peak Vista Core Values in order to reinforce Peak Vistas mission.
- Exhibits empathy, compassion, patience, adaptability, and listening with understanding.
- Builds trust by understanding the unique needs of our patients and customers and resolving those needs effectively and efficiently.
- Processes all calls in an efficient, effective, compassionate and courteous manner.
- Follows all instructions, procedures, protocols, and updates necessary for answering and handling calls for an exceptional patient experience.
- Provides professional patient care by obtaining, verifying, and documenting necessary demographic, insurance, and other vital information.
- Schedules and re-schedules patient appointments communicate patient concerns and questions to care team in medical home and put patients in contact with the correct department to help meet their needs.
- Proficient with all technology programs to include but not limited to: NextGen, Sharepoint, CISCO, Finesse, Microsoft Office.
- Utilizes resource materials for accuracy and efficiency.
- Responds with the utmost courtesy and empathy to all unique patient requests.
- Takes complete messages with patient information and concerns and forward for appropriate follow up in an efficient manner.
- Meets or exceeds quality assurance and metric expectations.
- Communicates effectively and collaboratively with upper management and teammates.
- Be an effective team player.
- Be accountable for individual work schedule and attendance.
- Understands and abides by HIPPAA guidelines.
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments, the management team, medical staff, and leadership.
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements.
- Enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improves goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Spanish bilingual preferred.
Education / Experience:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education.
Work Experience: Six months customer service experience in any environment, preferred.
Computer Skills: Basic ability to access the intra/internet to manage timecard, review policies and procedures, and read company communications; use e-mail to communicate with co-workers, leadership, and other departments; enter and correct data, modify a workbook, format a worksheet, and use printing functions; create a simple presentation in PowerPoint, run it, and print it.
Certificates and Licenses: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employees I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com