Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Customer Service Representative
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of Americas top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Handle all homeowner phone calls in a positive, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Identify homeowners concerns, research their issues, and provide answers that meet their needs.
- Develop workable solutions that satisfy our homeowners, our client/investors, and our company.
- Provide exceptional service during every contact with our homeowners.
- Process homeowners mortgage payments.
- Achieve company performance goals.
- Take part in continuous training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
Skills & abilities
The successful candidate needs:
- English fluency.
- Outstanding professional telephone communication skills.
- The ability to work from home is a must during Covid-19.
- Must be able to commute daily to our Tempe, AZ office when the time comes.
- The ability to work well with homeowners of any mood or personality type.
- A positive attitude, with an eagerness to solve problems.
- Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
- The ability to safeguard confidential homeowner and company information.
- A strong work ethic, high integrity, and well-organized mindset.
- The ability to follow instructions but work with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent keyboard skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer software.
- Preferred experience with Hyland OnBase software (document imaging system) or similar solution.
- Spanish or bilingual is a plus.
Education & experience
- High-school diploma (or equivalent).
- Over 1 year of inbound/outbound call-center experience.
- Mortgage experience preferred.
Hours & System Requirements
- Your hours and shift will vary based on call volume and business need, but there is an expectation that a successful candidate will work in a full-time capacity which will include 8 hours daily.
- Available shifts:
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday, Rotating weekends
- 9:00 am - 6:00 pm, Monday-Friday, Rotating weekends
- 10:00 am - 7:00 pm, Monday-Friday, Rotating weekends
- Available shifts:
- Ability to work from home TEMPORARILY, then must be able to commute to the office.
- Secure home office consisting of:
- Dedicated high-speed Internet (Cable, DSL, Fiber) with access via a hardwired connection (not wi-fi)
- Dedicated space where others cannot hear voice conversations, is free from background noise and other distractions
Suitable ergonomic Chair and desk combination suitable for use to handle a desktop PC and laptop, two monitors, keyboard, mouse and assorted network gear.
* Three weeks PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.