Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing
Customer Service Representative
Who we are
Shellpoint Mortgage Servicing (SMS) is one of Americas top-five non-bank mortgage-servicing companies. What is mortgage servicing? Our clients are businesses that own mortgage loans (such as banks and real estate investment firms). On their behalf, we manage (or "service") their loan portfolios, which means that we collect homeowners mortgage payments, pay their tax and insurance bills, and help homeowners in default to get current.
Duties & responsibilities
- The successful candidate will:
- Handle all homeowner phone calls in a positive, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Identify homeowners concerns, research their issues, and provide answers that meet their needs.
- Develop workable solutions that satisfy our homeowners, our client/investors, and our company.
- Provide exceptional service during every contact with our homeowners.
- Process homeowners mortgage payments.
- Achieve company performance goals.
- Take part in continuous, on-site, free training in company policies/procedures and industry regulations.
Skills & abilities
- The successful candidate needs:
- English fluency.
- Outstanding professional telephone communication skills.
- The ability to work well with homeowners of any mood or personality type.
- A positive attitude, with an eagerness to solve problems.
- Excellent reasoning and research skills; the ability to see the "big picture" and manage the details.
- The ability to safeguard confidential homeowner and company information.
- A strong work ethic, high integrity, and well-organized mindset.
- The ability to follow instructions but work with minimal direct supervision.
- Excellent keyboard skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer software.
- Preferred experience with Hyland OnBase software (document imaging system) or similar solution.
- Spanish or bilingual is a plus.
Education & experience
- High-school diploma (or equivalent).
- Over 1 year of inbound/outbound call-center experience (or any related customer-service experience) preferred.
- Monday-Friday, we have positions (10 a.m. to 7 p.m.) and (12 p.m. to 9 p.m.).
- Weekend work is on a rotational basis.
- Saturday hours are (8 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Advancement opportunities.
- A lucrative bonus structure.
- Opportunity to earn work from home privileges.
- Three weeks PTO (paid time off).
- Paid holidays.
- Evening/night positions include a shift premium.
- Bilingual pay premium
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
- Short- and long-term disability insurance.
- Convenient, company-paid downtown parking.
- Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
- 401k matching program.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Disclaimer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time. Must be able to effectively access/operate and interpret information on computer screens, documents, and reports. Must be able to effectively communicate with all homeowners. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Three weeks PTO (paid time off) for vacation and sick days.
* Paid holidays.
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and pet insurance.
* Short- and long-term disability insurance.
* Adoption- and tuition-assistance programs.
* 401k matching program.
* Performance-based annual bonuses.
* Advancement opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.