Grand Rapids, MI
Customer Service Representative - MaRC
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Allied Universal is looking to hire a Security Intervention Specialist. The primary function of the Security Intervention Specialist is to monitor surveillance cameras and alarm monitoring systems, respond to event-driven alarms in a timely and effective manner, and document any activity and contact support systems in the event of an emergency. This is a 24/7 call center environment that requires individuals to sit for long periods of time.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- High customer service acumen in a call center environment
- Can effectively communicate over the phone and email
- Basic level of monitoring customer’s cameras and alarm systems remotely
- Effectively respond to event-driven alarms in a timely matter via telephone and/or email communication based on the client’s specific protocol
- Conduct virtual escorts daily as deemed timely by the contract specifications
- Conduct virtual patrols of the assigned client’s property
- Complete hourly call-ins
- Handling camera maintenance checks
- Handle site incidents
- Complete incident reports
- Complete event reports
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Minimum of two years (Concurrent) experience in law enforcement, security or the military
- Minimum of two years’ experience controlling cameras; one year being in a security industry and/or position
- Must have language skills to read and interpret documents such as security logs, post orders, and other security correspondence. In addition, must be able to effectively verbally communicate to another in the English language to direct, control, and/or assist in the event of a crisis
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Must be highly organized and able to keep executive on track with required information available at all times
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via telephone), and be able to read computer screen, correspondence and reports. The employee must occasionally walk, reach with hands and arms
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities
- The job is generally performed in an office environment. The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones. Employees work inside of a Monitoring and Response Center that is relatively quiet with dim lighting
- Employees are required to sit for long periods of time, respond to event-driven alarms for their entire shift and control a mouse and keyboard and be alert at all times
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.