Customer Service Representative- Work from Home- $16 per hr
This is a work from home opportunity.
Meritain Health's Call Center has multiple openings for Customer Service Representatives in our Amherst, NY office.
* This position handles customer service inquiries and problems via telephone, internet or written correspondence.
* Customer inquiries are of basic and routine nature. Answers questions and resolves issues based on phone calls/letters from members, providers, and plan sponsors. Triages resulting rework to appropriate staff.
* Documents and tracks contacts with members, providers and plan sponsors.
* The CSR guides the member through their members plan of benefits, Aetna policy and procedures as well as having knowledge of resources to comply with any regulatory guidelines.
* Creates an emotional connection with our members by understanding and engaging the member to the fullest to champion for our members' best health.
* Taking accountability to fully understand the members needs by building a trusting and caring relationship with the member.
* Anticipates customer needs.
* Provides the customer with related information to answer the unasked questions, e.g. additional plan details, benefit plan details, member self-service tools, etc.
* Uses customer service threshold framework to make financial decisions to resolve member issues.
* Explains member's rights and responsibilities in accordance with contract.
* Processes claim referrals, new claim handoffs, nurse reviews, complaints (member/provider), grievance and appeals (member/provider) via target system.
* Educates providers on our self-service options; Assists providers with credentialing and re-credentialing issues. Responds to requests received from Aetna's Law Document Center regarding litigation; lawsuits Handles extensive file review requests.
* Assists in preparation of complaint trend reports.
* Assists in compiling claim data for customer audits. Determines medical necessity, applicable coverage provisions and verifies member plan eligibility relating to incoming correspondence and internal referrals.
* Handles incoming requests for appeals and pre-authorizations not handled by Clinical Claim Management. Performs review of member claim history to ensure accurate tracking of benefit maximums and/or coinsurance/deductible.
* Performs financial data maintenance as necessary. Uses applicable system tools and resources to produce quality letters and spreadsheets in response to inquiries received.
* Customer Service experiences in a transaction based environment such as a call center or retail location preferred.
* Demonstrating ability to be empathetic and compassionate.
* Experience in a production environment.
Please review required qualifications above
High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.