Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Customer Service Specialist Sr (HR)
Customer Service Specialist Sr (HR)
Arizona State University
Department Name: HR Emp Service Center
The Employee Service Center within the Office of Human Resources is dedicated to providing the highest level of service and support to our campus community and beyond. The Customer Service Specialist Senior uses independent judgement in making decision and performs a variety of activities including technical and analytical work to help achieve organizational and department goals. The role requires an analytical mind-set with skills in data reporting and knowledge or ability to learn various HR systems and workflows.
ASU is one of the largest and most diversities in the United States and was recently recognized as a top employer in Arizona and one of the best large employers in the country.
$47,000 - $52,000 per year; DOE
- Identify system issues, develops workflow and process improvements to enhance the team’s efficiency.
- Gather data from HR information systems and prepare data analysis and reports that guide HR decision-making, planning and process improvement.
- Perform ongoing management, administration and assessment of HR systems to identify trends, issues, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze workflows and processes to inform areas for improvement and automation.
- Establish work guidelines and processes that support organization and department standards.
- Assists in preparing presentations to university leadership and administration.
- Identify, research, resolve and respond to client issues, concerns and inquiries via phone, written communication and/or in-person.
- Provide information and guidance to customers regarding HR processes and policies.
- Assist with reviewing employee new hire paperwork and I-9 forms.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and/or required.
Bachelor’s degree in HR related field and two to three years’ customer service experience in a frontline service environment, OR any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer programs, including, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel), data analysis tools, and HRIS/HCM Systems (preferably Workday).
- Experience with processes and applications including Online Form I-9, ServiceNow, BrassRing, Adobe Sign, inContact/call center.
- Experience working in a high-volume customer service environment.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, data reporting and visualization skills.
- Strong interpersonal, positive leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Skill in working in a collaborative role with a variety of individuals throughout the university.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills related to analysis and determining solutions.
- Ability to lead by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution’s sustainability programs.
- Frequently move about the inside of the office building to access file cabinets and office machinery.
- May require the ability to travel moderate distances to perform work.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent communication that requires ability to receive and exchange accurate information.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse
The Employee Service Center within the Office of Human Resources is committed to providing outstanding customer service with flawless execution. Our workforce displays passion, innovation, skill and intellectual curiosity and takes pride in supporting student success.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To view full description or to apply please click this link:
Customer Service Specialist Sr (HR) | Arizona State University (brassring.com)