Arizona State University
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPERVISOR
Customer Service Supervisor
Arizona State University
PTS Customer Service
· Serves as the primary contact for customer concerns/inquiries on such subjects as parking permits and wait list, transit passes, walk only zones, bike valet, vendor services and other special events/services.
· Responds to customers both internal and external in a professional manner.
$38,160 - $44,500 per year; DOE
· Supervises Parking and Transit Services (PTS) activities, depending on specific function, including, but not limited to: parking permits, wait list, transit passes, walk only zones, bike valet, parking operations, vendor services and other special events/services.
· Resolves complex customer issues, concerns and inquiries.
· Provides information about Parking and Transit Services (PTS) products and services, policies and procedures.
· Ensures resolution in a timely manner. Supervises and coordinates daily work activities; assigns, prioritizes and organizes workload; monitors work in progress and reviews completed work for adherence to established standards.
· Evaluates performance of assigned staff in conjunction with department and university goals and objectives.
· Recommends and monitors compliance with department policies and standards.
· Interviews, hires, and trains new staff and/or ensures that new staff receive the needed training for their job responsibilities.
· Helps develop policies and procedures in areas under supervision and updates related department manuals; reviews with management as needed.
· Tracks and monitors expenditures against budget allocations and prepares internal request to purchase goods and services.
· Develops and prepares reports tracking functions/activities, including but not limited to: money collected, expenditures, passenger counts, space utilizations, citations written, permits sold, wait lists, and broken/repaired equipment.
· Inspects and maintains equipment/vehicles.
· Orders repairs and replacement parts as needed.
· Provides information and advice to special groups and staff regarding parking services.
· Prepares for and oversees events ensuring that the needed signage and supplies are in place to provide customers with a high level of service.
· Collaborates with university departments to coordinate annual activities such as, student move-in, new student orientation, and other campus activities ensuring consistent service delivery to customers.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and two (2) years customer service/operations experience which includes one (1) year of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
· Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
· Demonstrated knowledge of parking management and access control systems sand applicable university systems/software.
· Evidence of effective communication.
· Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in a diversified population.
· Experience in researching and resolving problems.
· Experience in working effectively with a variety of constituents.
· Experience in developing and maintaining cooperative working relationships both within and across organizational areas.
· Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment.
· Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and encouraging support of the institution's sustainability programs.
· Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (60%); required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (15%).
· Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (15%).
· Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
· Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
· Activities will include some outdoor/inclement weather duties (10-20%).
Parking and Transit Services (PTS) plays an integral role in support of the development of Arizona State University by managing the parking and commuter options on the four campuses. PTS manages a 24,000+ parking inventory system wide and strongly encourages the use of more environmentally friendly transportation options by subsidizing programs such as the intercampus shuttles, carpool, car-sharing and public transit. These services assist ASU students, faculty ,and staff in traveling to, around and between campuses. PTS also provides ambassador and bike valet services to ensure a culture of safety for all pedestrians navigating the most populated campus areas. PTS employees work in a dynamic and rapidly expanding University department and enjoy the benefits, professional growth, and job satisfaction associated with working for this nationally recognized leader among public institutions and the model for the New American University.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; ASU Parking and Transit Services will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 72703BR