Davis Wright Tremaine
Cybersecurity Analyst II
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, large national law firm, is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst to join our team in Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, New York, Anchorage, or Washington D.C.
The Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for the ongoing protection of Davis Wright Tremaines worldwide information assets, including its computers, networks, programs, and data, from unwanted cyber-attacks, cyber intrusions, and other threats.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you have a few years of experience in cybersecurity and are looking to broaden your experience, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Patrol DWT networks, review security audits and logs, and regularly verify the cybersecurity controls in place as part of DWTs Information Security Management System
- Triage, investigate, respond to, and escalate security anomalies and alerts
- Implement and maintain DWTs ISO 27001-compliant information security management system
- Participate in assessing the cybersecurity of DWT vendors and contractors as well as respond to client reviews of DWTs cybersecurity posture
- Be prepared to respond nimbly and effectively to cyber incidents in accordance with DWTs Incident Response Plan, including investigation, handling, documentation, and remediation
- Remain abreast of the latest cybersecurity news, including assessing the implications for DWTs systems of newly-identified vulnerabilities
- Maintain expertise on the evolving tactics, techniques, and procedures of sophisticated malicious cyber actors
- 2+ years experience in a similar cybersecurity-focused tech role
- Familiarity or experience with the ISO 27001 and NIST information security standards and their implementation
- Cyber incident response handling and basic cyber forensics
- Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker, and operating system-specific certifications (especially Microsoft)
- Familiarity with risk management principles
- Expertise with Metasploit
- Expertise with network protocols and the basics of TCP/IP
- Rudimentary computer programming and scripting skills
- Project management skills and experience; Consistently deliver on commitments, deadlines and objectives while remaining in scope and leveraging appropriate tools, methods, frameworks, and professional standards
- Build trust and credibility with business partners and leadership while recommending initiatives, and identifying gaps and potential issues, requiring effective communication and collaboration at all levels of a professional services organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and in both team and independent settings
- High degree of sensitivity to confidential matters
- Demonstrated abilities in problem-solving and analysis: identifies issues, analyzes information to assess root cause and relationships, risks, and potential risk responses; proven ability to synthesize and summarize complex data into concise recommendations and reports
A college degree or advanced education in computer science or engineering is a plus, but we are open to candidate with non-traditional backgrounds who have transferrable skills to succeed.Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.