Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, United States
DATA ANALYST-ADMISSION SERVICES INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
Data Analyst - Admission Services Information Systems Development
Arizona State University
Off-Campus: Other US Locations
Arizona State University (ASU) is looking for a passionate and energetic Data Analyst to join the Academic Enterprise Enrollment (AEE) Information Systems Development (ISD) team. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into recommendations, which will result in measurable improvements in ASU systems and student experience. This position supports the performance measurement,
adoption and optimization of ASU’s Enterprise Salesforce Recruitment Implementation for both undergraduate and graduate recruitment, marketing, and pre-enrollment processes.
This role will have the opportunity to take on multiple disciplines, with 50% of the job spent providing tier-two support and incident management, 30% operating as a data analyst, and 20% business analysis. This is a perfect position for a self-starter and an individual that likes a fast-paced environment while making a difference in student’s lives.
This role is also well-suited for individuals with an analytical, inquiring and critical mind, while applying imagination and problem solving skills on a strong foundation of technical knowledge. It requires an ability to deal with abstract concepts, systems and ideas in an organized and self-disciplined way.
Central to this job is hands-on involvement and the need to weigh all decisions carefully and thoroughly, giving serious consideration to data and related facts while taking into account potential problems in order to avoid unpredictable risk.
This job demands proven knowledge and expertise, or the demonstrated ability to quickly build an understanding for a product or processes. Intellectual confidence will be important as it relates to the understanding of detailed information and careful follow-up.
$55,800 - $70,000 per year; DOE
· Provides second-tier production support and leads the analysis and diagnosis of incidents to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution.
· Writes Problem Management Plans and documents Root Cause Analysis for identified issues.
· Serves as subject matter expert for integrations (ETL and API-based) supporting the ASU Enterprise Salesforce Recruitment Implementation.
· Evaluates the impact of new development, change requests, or integration requests on the platform; accesses the resource effort, alternatives, and implications while making recommendations to keep moving forward.
· Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
· Represents ISD in the Enterprise Technical Governance process with an understanding of enterprise recruitment/communication rules and requirements.
· Reviews, updates, and implements system administration procedures to ensure ongoing quality, integrity, and security of data.
· Coordinates with ASU Enterprise Technology (ET) and other departments or vendors to ensure data integration with internal and external systems is operating correctly and consistently.
· Designs technological solutions and writes requirement specifications, develops and executes test plans.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Education, or related field AND two (2) years previous software support experience; OR, Any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
· Demonstrated use of structured problem solving skills, tools and techniques.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the Salesforce platform (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud).
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience administering, developing and supporting a high volume Enterprise CRM/Marketing System.
· Experience preparing and executing technical project plans, requirements, and testing documentation.
· Experience with data analysis tools.
· Knowledge of integration methods and tools (Examples - APIs, microservices, event-driven, Mulesoft, AWS SQS).
· Knowledge of higher education recruitment and admissions practices.
· Demonstrated highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
This position is eligible for the following flexible work options with appropriate approval:
· Alternative work schedules can include four, 10-hour workdays in a workweek; a nine-day, 80-hour schedule over two work weeks for exempt employees only; and staggered start and stop times.
· Hybrid work: an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location.
· Full remote work: an arrangement where the employee spends every workday at a site other than a regularly assigned ASU work location.
In support of the university’s mission and goals, Academic Enterprise Enrollment creates, promotes and institutionalizes the broadest possible awareness of ASU as the New American University by utilizing a variety of data-informed strategies to enroll a diverse student population representative of the vision of Arizona State University. AEE brings discipline to the formulation of enrollment strategy and the refinement of enrollment processes, and is an effective collaborator with our college and school colleagues and other enrollment partners within the Academic Enterprise, Knowledge Enterprise and Learning Enterprise. AEE is comprised of the following units: Academic Enterprise Communications; Admission Services; Financial Aid and Scholarship Services; University Registrar Service; the Pat Tillman Veterans Center; and the International Student and Scholar Center.
Academic Enterprise Enrollment Core Values:
· Make the human connection: We commit to listen, offer empathy and show compassion.
· Drive success with teamwork: We solve problems with collaboration and creativity.
· Promote a thriving community: We recognize work-life balance and embrace our individual differences.
· Go above and beyond: We share our time, talents and expertise to make an impact in all that we do.
· See the extraordinary through our efforts: We support those who are pursuing their dreams.
· Lead with respect and positive intent in every situation: We communicate openly, genuinely, and with transparency.
ASU offers an array of employee benefits, including reduced tuition for employees, their spouses and dependents; competitive rates for health and life benefits; a wellness program; disability and leave program; paid holidays; and retirement programs. Visit https://cfo.asu.edu/hr-benefits for further details, as well as https://cfo.asu.edu/hr-applicant for a message to future ASU employees.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To view full description or to apply please click this link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494#jobDetails=4766072_5494