Data Engineer Senior
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.Pay Range
$45. 57 - $62. 56/hrFlourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Top level data expert whose primary job responsibilities involve preparing data for analytical or operational uses. Commonly deals with both structured and unstructured data sets - as a result, they must be versed in different approaches to data architecture and applications. Must be comfortable with a wide array of technologies and programming languages. Must possess knowledge of and skills in all of the following: Building and designing large-scale applications, database architecture and data warehousing. Must possess a deep knowledge of the Big Data platforms ecosystem and the tools that can transfer data to a big data platform or address stream processing. Mainly responsible for using data to identify efficiencies, problem areas, and possible improvements. The Data Engineer will need to recommend and sometimes implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality. The Data Engineer will also need to ensure that the architecture that is in place supports the requirements of the data scientists and the stakeholders. Discover opportunities for data acquisition. Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining and production.
Role in developing clinical/business solutions including cube/EDW solutions. Design and present solutions and options thatimprove patient care, enhance patient engagement, improve operational efficiency and improve Centura's financial position, Integrates organizational knowledge with thoughtful design. This position works with analysts and experts at Epic and third-party systems support to build, configure, deploy, implement, operate, support, and maintain the database of the highly complex and fast-growing health-care environment. This position is responsible for ensuring the reliability, security, and performance of numerous environments within the system including Production, Development, Test, and Training environments. Strong organizational as well as communication skills a must. A strong candidate for this position will be experienced in the software development life-cycle. This candidate must be a team-oriented person who loves to contribute to the overall success of the team.What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- 5-10 years Database Development programming
- 5-10 years Big Data architecture and/or engineering
- 5-10 years of Experience Design, Developing and maintaining ETL and ELT processes
- 5-10 years working with healthcare systems analysis/programming preferred
- 5-10 years of data lake and data warehouse experience
- Demonstrated experience with Cloudera and other big data technologies.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of healthcare operations preferred
- Strong MS SQL Server database, SSIS and SSAS experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Information Systems, Statistics, or other related area, required (4 years of additional equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- HS Diploma/GED, required
Physical Requirements: Sedentary work - prolonged periods of sitting and exert up to 10 lbs. force occasionally
This position requires residence within a reasonable driving distance to the Corporate Office. Possible relocation assistance available for external candidates who meet distance requirements.Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Centura Health is headquartered in Centennial, CO, with additional business office locations throughout the Denver Tech Center. The Corporate Service Center is home to our leaders and centralized teams that support our hospitals, clinics and people - including marketing, human resources, employee benefits, finance, billing, talent acquisition/development, payor relations, IT, project management, community benefit and more. Whether you work in the corporate headquarters or one of our nearby offices, you'll experience a culture of collaboration and community where incredible people are doing incredible things every day.Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We're committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package will enrich the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off & Sick Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third party job board. All of our pay ranges are clearly posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our Careers page and apply today!