The Data Engineer, SFR Quantitative Strategies will be part of a team that is supporting and developing applications that are advancing the Single-Family Rental industry.
Progress Residential was formed and is owned by Pretium Partners, LLC. Pretium, founded in 2012, is a leading alternative investment management firm with assets under management of approximately $13 billion. The team works closely with Pretiums investment committee to construct a portfolio management strategy for acquiring, rehabilitating and disposing of properties, and then develops applications that Progress Residential utilizes to execute the investment strategy. The team has taken concepts from algorithmic trading and applied those theories to investing in real estate.
Progress Residential is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With over 40,000 homes in nineteen of the countrys fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
What we do:
- Create models to estimate the home price, rent and property condition of every house in the country for the past twenty to forty-five years
- Model how demographics and socioeconomic conditions have changed at the census tract level over the past twenty plus years
- Analyze years of rental operating performance to identify trends
- Create a Playbook of homes to acquire depending on deployable capital (markets and submarkets to target, yield thresholds, property types, etc.)
- We evaluate and use the latest technologies that help us perform the financial engineering, geospatial analysis and data science necessary to manage over $10bn of assets, and acquire thousands of homes each year
- If you are interested in creating an algorithm to bid properties based on internal and external data to acquire 10,000+ properties per year, come talk to us
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative subject, a graduate degree is preferred. At least 2 years of experience with ETL processes in Python and SQL. Should demonstrate familiarity with data analysis, statistical modeling, and visualization tools and libraries (e.g., pandas, scipy, sklearn, numpy, statsmodels, tensorflow, and Jupyter).
- Strong coding skills in Python is prerequisite.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Sourcing, cleaning and validating raw data from SWL databases and AWS platforms (e.g. Snowflake and/or S3)
- Building and evaluating models using open source platforms and libraries
- Applying statistical tools and modeling techniques to datasets of varying size
- Strong communicationspeak, write and present clearly and professionally, present data effectively
- Initiative take ownership and accountability, seek out and/or accept additional responsibilities, able to work towards goals independently with little need for supervision
- Interpersonal Skills & Teamworka collaborative team player who is highly professional, respectful and honest, open to ideas and willing to try new things and roll up their sleeves with the team to do what it takes to get the job done well.
- Results Oriented - understand and analyze problems, apply critical thinking to ensure accuracy of solutions
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, its about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbents supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.